The Story of the Legend Chapter 5

All throughout work, Amari thought about the incident earlier with that attractive stranger and Su Hyun. She was confused and curious. She couldn't shake away the feeling that all of this seems familiar; her, Su Hyun and whoever that guy's name was. Why was Su Hyun protective of her and from that guy? He literally just met her today, so there was no need to feel so strongly about her. What was he trying to protect her from? How was that guy a threat? He didn't seem dangerous, but the most dangerous ones don't. What is their history together? Obviously they have a past, but what kind? Su Hyun mentioned some kind of rivalry, but Amari wasn't believing that. You don't act that way towards a rival. You only act that towards someone who is extremely dangerous. And what was with that growl? It wasn't an ordinary human growl. It sounded like an actual angry, rabid animal growl. Amari was nervous and a bit scared when she heard that. It was low, but she was close enough to hear it.

So many questions ran through her head. This was obviously none of  her business, but for some reason that she cannot explain, she really needed answers. It was more than just nosiness. It felt like she was trying to relieve some kind unknown feeling from her chest. It was nagging and gnawing at her. Amari didn't encounter anymore racist customers today. After that elderly couple incident, everything went smoothly. Su Hyun disappeared somewhere. She had no idea where and it wasn't any of her business.

Amari knew that she wasn't going to get any information out of Su Hyun, so she knew that she was going to have to hunt down, whoever that guy was and hopefully, he answers all of her questions that he can.

After her shift at 9:00 at night, Amari clocked out and decided to see what information she could gather on finding that cute, mysterious stranger. However, upon exiting the hotel, Amari's search was not needed. There the stranger was, sitting on a bench across from the hotel. Was he waiting for her? It didn't matter. This made things easier for her.

Amari didn't hesitate to walk up to him. Su Hyun may have found him threatening, but she doesn't.

"Hey", she greeted as she waved and stood in front of him. He had a good five inches above her. "The name's Amari". She introduced herself as she bowed her head.

Tae Wan grinned and bowed his head as well. "Tae Wan Lee". He introduced himself.

"I don't know who you are waiting for, but I'm glad you're here. I have a few questions that I wanted to ask you if that is alright?"

Tae Wan nodded his head. "It's fine and I was waiting for you. I figure you wanted to talk to me. What a show earlier right? He seemed so protective of you. Are you his girlfriend?" He asked.

Amari grimaced with disgust. "Hell no. With that weirdo? Nope". She told him, crossing her arms in an "X" as she told him no, making Tae Wan chuckle.

"I'm sorry I asked".

"No problem. I know why you did. Why do you think he was so protective over me earlier and so angry at you? We only just met today".

Tae Wan pretended to ponder on the question. As he waited for her to get off work, he came up with all the questions that she was going to ask and made up answers for each of them.

"Probably because the love of his life died and he blames me for it".

"Why would he do that?"

"I was there when it happened and did nothing. Couldn't do anything actually. She died in a mugging. Some lowlife tried to rob her by stealing her purse. She wouldn't allow it to happen, fought back. Guy took out his gun and shot her. I stood next to her, frightened and petrified when he took out that gun. I watched her be gunned down right in front of me. It was tragic". Tae Wan lied.