The Story of the Legend Chapter 8

Su Hyun roughly and aggressively pushed Ji-Su up against the trunk of a tree in a nearby park. Ji-Su smirked and started chuckling at how angry Su Hyun was getting, and she hasn't done anything yet.

"Now again, tell me who you are, how do you know me and who sent you?" He asked her again, changing his right hand into talons and holding it up against her neck.

Ji-Su didn't look afraid at all, more like amused.

"Did Tae-Woo send you?" Su Hyun asked.

Ji-Su shook her head and shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know who that is."

Su Hyun slammed the back of her head against the trunk of the tree. "You know I can tell when you're lying, right?"

Ji-Su was starting to get angry after he slammed her head against the tree, but she calmed herself down.

"What do you want? What does Tae-Woo want?" Su Hyun asked her.

Ji-Su started chuckling. She was hired by Tae-Woo to gather intel on Amari. He wanted to know if she was supposed to be the Gumiho's bride if she has his bead embedded inside of her. She was hired to pretend to be his fiancé or girlfriend and gather as much information as she could and report back to Tae-Woo.

"What I want is different from what Tae-Woo wants." She told him, grazing his cheeks and his lips with her finger and licking her lips.

Su Hyun smacked her hand away. "What is it that Tae-Woo is seeking?" He asked her.

"Information." She finally told him.

"What information?" He asked her.

Ji-Su hushed Su Hyun by placing her index finger on his mouth.

"Can't spoil the fun, now can I?" She asked him, smirking.

"Tae-Woo knows where you live now, along with everyone else in that household right now, including Amari. Anytime, at any moment, Tae-Woo can send someone to their home and get rid of them". She told him.

Su Hyun bit on his bottom lip, trying to suppress an angry growl.

"So, it's best if you played along with Tae-Woo's game until he has all the information he needs, okay, sweetie?" She patted his cheek.

"So now, instead of your ex-girlfriend, I am now your girlfriend again, got it? We rekindled our love affair right now and decided to take another shot at us. I'm going to be staying at your place because I was kicked out of my apartment. Roommate spat". She told him.

Su Hyun could only nod and agree to what she was saying. He had no other choice; otherwise, Tae-Woo would send someone to hurt his family or Amari or her loved ones. He couldn't have that.

"Good boy," Ji-Su complimented him by pinching his cheeks. "Now, let's go tell the good news to your family and friends."

Arriving back at Su Hyun's home, Ji-Su grabbed his hand and entwined her fingers with his. They were supposed to act like a couple. Su Hyun wanted to snatch his hand away, but he couldn't. Amari, Chol, and Luo all ran back to the front door, looking worriedly at Su Hyun, though Amari looked more annoyed than anything else. She was still waiting for her explanation until Ji-Su unkindly interrupted their conversation.

"What's going on?" Luo asked, worriedly. He had no idea who this woman was and had never seen her around before. He knew all Su Hyun's girlfriends, and she was not one of them. Who was she and what does she want?

"Ji-Su and I rekindled our spark earlier today and decided to try to start a relationship again." Su Hyun announced, making everyone surprised. Ji-Su smiled and laid her head on his shoulder.

"That's nice and congrats, but what about our conversation earlier?" Amari asked.

"Oh that," Su Hyun said, almost forgetting what he was going to reveal. He can't do it now. Ji-Su is collecting information, though he doesn't know what kind. He doesn't want to put Amari on Tae-Woo's radar.

"Look, I know finding out about these new-found skills you have is shocking and frightening at the same time, but I wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this. You have me, Luo and Chol who will stay beside you and help you control it". He told her.

"Why did it feel like you were testing me?" Amari asked, still suspicious.

"Probably because I made you participate in these different games that "tested" your skill and made it seem like I had known from the beginning. I assure you that weren't the case. Those exercises were truly for bringing us closer to a professional relationship. It was nothing more".

Amari eyed him, thinking. She wasn't quite sure if she believed him or not, but she decided to let it go for now. "Okay." She told him.

Su Hyun sighed with relief, glad that she wasn't pressing the matter further.

Ji-Su had watched the scene, carefully listening to their conversation, looking for any keywords. She knew that Su Hyun was not going to talk to them safely, while she was around. That's why she paid more attention to the message behind the message.

"Skills," huh?" She thought. "What are these so-called skills that she has?" She thought again, looking at Amari, smirking.

"Shall we celebrate our rekindled relationship..." Ji-Su started as she stared at Amari

"Amari," she answered her.

"And for Amari finding out her special skills?" Ji-Su asked.

Everyone nodded.