The Story of the Legend Chapter 9

Su Hyun got out expensive liquor and served everyone a glass. They all talked, laughed, teased and enjoyed themselves that night, getting drunk, even though Su Hyun was unable to get inebriated, so he can't get drunk. Ji-Su only pretended to drink. She was on her job, so she didn't have the luxury to get drunk. Everyone else, however, did indeed get intoxicated.

Later that night, Chol and Luo were passed out on the floor and couch. Amari was still awake but nearly passed out. She forced herself to stay awake against her body's wishes. Su Hyun chuckled at the three of them, amused at the scene. Ji-Su smirked and shook her head.

"Some people can't handle their liquor." She joked.

Su Hyun frowned at her. "Aren't you tired?" He asked her. "Guest room is that way." He pointed up the stairs. "On your right." He told her, getting sick of her presence.

Ji-Su chuckled as she got the hint and stood up, pretending to wobble her body like she was intoxicated. "Alright, alright. I get it". She pretended to slur her words. "I'll leave you alone. Have a goodnight, sweetie". She said, kissing his lips again, giggling before, fake stumbling off to her bedroom up the stairs.

Amari drifted in and out of consciousness as she forced herself to stay awake. Su Hyun grabbed a couple of blankets and threw them on Chol and Luo. There wasn't a point in moving them now. They were comfortable and fast asleep. He didn't want to disturb that.

He walked over to Amari and grabbed her arm and pulled her up gently. He wrapped her arms around his shoulder and helped her step out to his car. He was confident that she wanted to be at home and not wake up in a strange place. He strapped her in the seatbelt and closed the door softly, not wanting to startle her or give her a headache. She is going to have plenty of that in the morning. Luckily, her address was on her resume, so he knew where she lived. It wasn't that far from his home or the hotel. Weird that she lived close by. Starting the ignition, Su Hyun drove off, checking on Amari from time to time. She was still trying to keep herself awake for some odd reason.

"You know," she said. "The first time we ran into each other, I had the odd feeling that I have known you." She said, making Su Hyun stop the car abruptly. He looked over at her shocked and confused.

"What?" He asked her.

"Yeah," she said, slurring her speech. "Your face and the way you carried yourself seemed oddly familiar, even though I have never met you, before today." She admitted. "It felt warm and secure."

Su Hyun listened to her.

"I don't know why because you almost ran me over with your car, but images came into my mind when I first laid eyes on you."

"What were those images?" He asked curiously.

"Hibiscus Syriacus," she simply whispered and took Su Hyun by surprise again. "The Korean Rose." He said as he thought about that day with Kali.

Joseon Dynasty
(May 13, 1592)

The Gumiho whose name is now Deok Su Hyun given to him by the young human woman Kali walked alongside Kali through the forest not far away from her village. They didn't want to stray too far. He was sure her family would be worried about her and wondering what happened to her if they got lost. However, Kali had something she wanted to show him. He had no idea what it was, but he was curious to know. Besides, he would follow this girl anywhere.

Kali led Su Hyun to an area in the woods, overlooking a river with trees filled with Hibiscus Syriacus. He looked around and wondered why she took him here, even though the place seemed serene and calming.

"I come here every day to unwind and watch the river flow," Kali said, sitting down on a small, grassy hill. "These flowers became my favorite flowers."

Su Hyun stood behind her, looking around. There was a gentle breeze, rustling the leaves and the flowers, making some fall off the tree. One fell in the palm of his hand. He stared at it, observing it, before walking up to behind Kali and placing the flower behind her ear, combing back her hair with his nails, making her smile softly.

"This place is the only place, the only thing that takes my mind from everything going on. Sometimes I fall asleep here, making my mom and brother worried sick about me".

"Do you have that kind of place?" She asked him, staring up at him.

Su Hyun shook his head.

"Do you want one?" She asked.

He looked down at her. "Perhaps." He told her.

"Then I declare this place and this flower ours."

Su Hyun smiled at Amari warmly. "Yeah, our signature flowers." He whispered to her. "That place you showed me, long ago, was the first place I felt at home, peaceful." "That flower was the first flower that signified the first time and only time I fell in love. It represented our love". He whispered again. "Amari, I am convinced that you are the one." He told her, before hearing a loud snore coming from her mouth, making him chuckle to himself and look over at her. Amari was fast asleep now.

Su Hyun chuckled again, wrapping his jacket around her torso and continuing his way to her apartment.

In Hye was shocked to see a handsome man carrying in her drunken friend in his arms. She was going to bombard her best friend with loads of questions tomorrow. She pointed the way towards her room, watching speechless as he carried Amari to her bed and laying her down and covering her with her blanket, forgetting about his jacket.

Su Hyun smiled at In Hye, nodding towards her, before walking out. In Hye looked at her best friend.

"What the hell happened today?" She asked, before yawning and heading towards her room to go to sleep. She guessed it would have to wait, until tomorrow.