The Story of the Legend Chapter 22

Amari had avoided Su Hyun for a few weeks now. At first, she took off a couple of days off from work to cool her head, before heading back to work again. Even at work, the two barely communicated with one another, unless they truly needed to talk about business only topics. Amari would go straight home after work. She haven't really talked to Chol Bong and Yong either, since her and Su Hyun's separation, but she couldn't avoid Su Hyun if she went a talked with those two. She had to drop all communication with the whole package. It was sad that this had to be the result of their relationship, but Su Hyun betrayed her trust.

It wasn't like Amari wasn't a reasonable person. She would have at least try to understand his situation if he would have been honest with her at first. Now she lost three good friends that she wanted to keep in her life. And don't even get her started with Tae Wan. The hell is up with his obsession with Su Hyun and the bead to a point where he killed her great grandmother Kali and kidnapped her? Amari wanted to do very violent things to Tae Wan, but she cleared her thoughts of it. He wasn't going to be a problem for her now, at least for now, while her and Su Hyun are at a separation stage. He hasn't bothered any of them since that hospital incident, so it was truly a hell of a breather that Amari got.

After work, Amari decided to go eat at her favorite street food vendor that served pajeon and gimbap and had a bottle of soju. She sat there, thinking and drinking, ended up drinking more bottles than she wanted. Why must this be her life? She just wanted to live normally like everyone else. She's the gumiho's bride? She never asked for that. Amari never really thought of marriage, but she certainly wanted it to be with some she loved and who loved and cherished her. Not because she was the only ticket of turning him human. She grabbed her chest as she kept pondering, staring at particularly nothing.

"How did you handle this?" She asked Kali, though she wasn't expecting an answer.

Amari ended up passing out on the table, though to others it just looks like she was sleeping. Deep in her subconscious, Amari was present, looking around. It was dark. She could barely see her hand in front of her face.

"What's going on?" She said, her voice echoing through the atmosphere.

"You seem to be in distress", came a female voice.

Amari looked around for the voice.

"I am and I have no idea what to do and how to handle it".

"My precious Amari. I am so sorry that this all falls on you. I never wanted you to suffer for it. Have I known, I would have ended it 425 years ago". Came that same voice again.

"Wait, 425 years ago?" Amari asked.

"Yes".

"Then are you....?" Amari paused.

"Yes, I am". Said the voice as the person came into the light.

"Kali?" Amari asked, getting weirded out as she stared at her. "You look exactly like me".

Kali nodded her head as she stared at Amari.

"No wonder Su Hyun was so interested in me. I look exactly like his ex lover".

"That must have been shocking and hard for him when you two first met".

"Perhaps, but now everything we have been through, was it just because I look you? Did he ever see me?"

"I can't speak of his feelings for you, but I know that he truly cares for you, enough to risk and sacrifice his own life".

"Yeah but that could because of my resemblance to you. You two shared such a strong love and devotion to each other, I'm sure his feelings are still directed at you, not me".