The Story of the Legend Chapter 24

The leader watched how Amari was protecting the kid. It reminded him when he was younger when he used to protect his younger brother. He could tell that she really cared for him. He actually hoped that Su Hyun just does as he was told without playing any games. He didn't really want to hurt the kid or his girlfriend. He just wanted the money that was owed. That's all. Just doing his job, ya know?

"Tell me, what is your relationship with Su Hyun?" the leader asked. He was actually curious about it.

Amari frowned at him. "Why is it any of your business?"

The  leader rose up his hands in a defensive manner. "I was just curious".

Amari sighed. "Our relationship is complicated".

"Trouble in paradise, huh? I get it. Just had a spat with my girl, ya know".

Amari became interested. "Why was that?"

"It was something about her not feeling safe being my girl. Something about her feeling she always had an target on her back".

"The same as me?" she thought.

"Whatever happened between the two of you?" Amari asked.

"She broke up with me of course, but we eventually got back together. Make up sex was great".

"Why did she decide to get back together with you?" Amari asked, ignoring the part about make up sex.

"I don't know. She wouldn't tell me. She found her reason to stay with me. I would like to think it was because of her feelings for me, but I believe it was something more than that".

Amari pondered for a bit. The gangster's girlfriend was able to find a reason other than love to stay with him. She was certain that she had a target on her back. Many rival gangs would come for her life.

"What is my reason for staying?" Amari asked herself.

Amari's thoughts were cut short when the heavy metal doors to the building slid open slowly. Everyone's attention turned to Su Hyun as he stepped inside the building.

"Ah, our special guest finally arrived to the scene".

"Finally, it took him long enough". Amari  sighed in relief. She didn't know how long her being a distraction could have lasted, before they gotten angry. It would have been a burden for her to fight all of these men on her own.

"Do you have what we asked for?" The leader asked Su Hyun as he stood in front of him.

Su Hyun held out a black briefcase, but hid it behind him as the leader tried to grab it. "Amari and Chol come out first, safely".

The leader grinned at Su Hyun as he motioned for one of his men to untie Chol. The gangster walked past Amari and untied Chol and took his blindfolds off. "You're free to go kid". He said, before walking away.

Chol immediately ran and hugged Amari tightly, burying his face in her chest. Amari smiled and chuckled as she placed a hand on top of his head and rubbed it, trying to soothe him.

"It's okay. I told you that I wasn't going to let them hurt you. I never go back on my word". She smiled warmly at him.

Chol was so overwhelmed with so many emotions that what he did next wasn't him thinking logically, or at all. His body just did it on its own accord.

The next thing that happened and to everyone's surprise was that Chol and Amari was in a lip lock. Chol had gently placed his lips on hers, catching Amari off guard. She stood there shocked, unable to move. Su Hyun stared at the scene and grew pissed off at Chol Bong.