The Story of the Legend Chapter 12

Amari dropped her purse on the ground as she stared at Sung Ki in shock. What was he doing here? How did he know she was here? Was he following her? Her body started to tremble slightly, subconsciously.

"My little bird, my strong little bird. It's so good to see you again. It's been too long. I have missed you". He said as he took a step towards her.

"Stay back!" She yelled at him, holding her hands out in front of her.

"Don't be that way, Amari." He told her, grinning as he stretched out his arms as if to embrace her.

"What do you want?" She asked him, watching his every move.

"I just came to see you, Amari." He told her. "Amari. That name suits you. It means "strength" in African-Yoruba language. I looked it up".

"How did you find me?"

"Your friend contacted me telling me that you longed to see me."

"What friend? Who?"

"Ji-Su, I think her name was."

Amari's heart sunk. Ji-Su? Why would she look him up and contact him? Amari was confused. Why would Ji-Su do that to her?

"I'm glad she did. You became even more beautiful after all these years". Sung Ki said, taking another step towards her.

"Stop!" She said, backing further into Su Hyun's front door.

Sung Ki frowned. "Why are you acting that way towards me and whose house is this?" He asked her displeased with her attitude towards him.

"That's none of your business," Amari told him.

"It's a man isn't it?" Sung Ki asked.

Amari bit on her bottom lip.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to be around other guys, unless I'm there with you?" He told her angrily, kneeling and grabbing some dirt in his hands and throwing it in Amari's eyes, blinding her.

Amari was caught by surprise and knelt on her knees, rubbing her eyes, trying to clear the dirt from them, but it was no use. It only irritated them further. Amari then was kicked in her stomach, making her cry out in pain as she tried to block his attacks with her arms.

"Why don't you ever listen to me!" Sung Ki yelled at her as he repeatedly kicked Amari in the stomach, each time, Amari crying out in pain.

Amari pushed him off, using enough force to allow her to get off the ground and move away from Su Hyun's door, making him stumble back onto the ground. This is what she was training for, to protect her from situations like this. She can't let it go to waste. Su Hyun didn't spend this time teaching her for no reason.

While clutching her stomach and breathing heavily, Amari listened out for Sung Ki's movements, his breath, and his heartbeat.

Sung Ki started charging towards her. Amari immediately heard his footsteps and prepared for his attack. It was as if it was in slow motion. Sung Ki threw a left punch at her. Amari dived to the right, dodging his attack, grabbed his arm tightly, pulled him forward, allowing her to kick and knee him in the stomach. Sung Ki coughed up blood, hunched over, allowing Amari to use her speed to appear behind him and elbow him hard in the back, making him fall to the ground. Amari sent a roundhouse kick to his face, knocking him out.

Amari sighed in relief, before grimacing in pain and collapsed to the ground. At least she expected to. Instead, she collapsed in Su Hyun's arms instead as he caught her before touching the ground. Amari laid her head on his chest as she held her stomach.