The Story of the Legend Chapter 23

Amari watched as the gangsters started recording Chol Bong, letting Su Hyun know that he is still alive. Chol Bong was awake and aware, but he couldn't see anything. His body was trembling. His face perspiring with sweat. His head moved back and forth as he tried to see what was going on, but to no avail.

"What is going on here?" Chol asked, his voice cracking from nervousness.

"I'm going to need you to be quiet and sit still, sweetheart". said the leader.

"Why are you doing this?"

"To get your uncle's attention. Our boss's boss paid us a lot of money to kidnap you to extort money from your uncle. I'm just recording this, so I can send this to your uncle to let him know that you are alive". said second in command.

"How did you know....?" Chol asked confused.

"Simple. We followed you guys around. We really wanted that pretty girlfriend of his, but we got you instead. She seemed like a handful". said the leader.

"You can say that again. She's not the one to go out without a fight". Chol chuckled to himself.

"Would have liked to wear her down myself". The second in command said, making Chol look at him with disgust.

"Alright, I sent him the link to this live video". Said another gangster. "He should be seeing this right now".

Su Hyun got a text from an unknown number. He checked the message and clicked on the link to see Chol tied up and blindfolded.

"These bastards".

"My techy friend over there said you should be able to see this live broadcasting. I take it you know who hired us to kidnap your nephew". asked the leader.

"Alright, good, so then we can skip the formalities and get straight to why we are interacting with you today. My boss wants the money that you owe him due to cutting ties with his company or else your nephew dies, etc, etc". "Now we are not asking for much, just 10 billion won (9.2 million USD) and we have our exchange. Not unreasonable right?" asked the leader again.

Su Hyun clutched his phone in his hand tightly with anger.

"Bring the money to this address then we can give you your nephew back". Second in command said holding up paper with the address on it.

"These slimy little....." Amari said, squeezing her fist together, watching the scene before her.

She didn't notice one guy walking up behind her and covering her nose and mouth with his hand. Amari was caught by surprise and tried to wiggle her way out from his grasp, but he had a tight hold on her waist.

"What are you doing sneaking around here?" He whispered in her ear, making her shiver with disgust.

"Look boss, I found her hiding behind that equipment over there", he said, dragging Amari over to his boss.

"What are you doing here cutie?" Asked the leader.

Amari bit on the man covering her mouth's hand, making him cry out in pain and step away from her, examining it.

"Oh nothing, I just stumbled into this abandoned factory far away from civilization by accident". She shrugged her shoulders, making it seem it really was an accidental.

"Sassy and sarcastic and good looking. My kind of woman". sad the leader.

Amari gave him a disgusted expression.

"Amari? Is that you?" Chol asked, recognizing her voice.

"Yes Bong Bong, it's me".

The cute nickname Amari gave him made Chol's face flush, but he shook away any thoughts. "What are you doing here?"

"You two know each other?" Second in command asked. "Even better. I take it you know Su Hyun? Could you be that girlfriend of his we saw when we was tailing him? Oh, this is going to be great". He said, grabbing Amari by the arm and pulling her to him.

He twisted her arms behind her back roughly, making her bite her lip. He placed a sharp switchblade to her neck and held her in front of the camera.

"We got your little girlfriend too as you can see, so don't be playing any games. Give us the money". He grinned at the camera.

Su Hyun glared at his phone as he watched the gangster sniffed Amari's neck, before licking it. Amari tried to move away from his grasp, but he held onto her tightly.

"Come quickly if you don't want any harm to come this beautiful neck of hers".

Su Hyun glared at his phone as he watched how he was treating Amari. Amari made another disgusted expression on her face. She felt like she needed a long bath after this.

Amari could easily take this guy,  but she wanted Chol to get out safely. The only way to do that is when Su Hyun and Yong arrive here. She is pretty much just a distraction for now, so they don't harm Chol while waiting for Su Hyun to get here. She pushed him off of her and tried to wipe away his nasty germs.

"Feisty. That's how I like my women. Normal women would be afraid right now, but you are not". said the leader.

Amari looked at him and gave him an "unbothered" expression.

"Should I be?" She asked him.

His brow raised. "One girl in a room filled with horny gangsters. Yeah, you should be".

Amari looked around, counting how many there are. Just in case she had to fight them off. Su Hyun trained her well for a month.

"Oh no, please don't hurt little ole me". Amari feigned being scared. "Better? Did you get your jollies from that, you sadistic bastards".

The leader laughed at Amari. "I really like you. You've got major cajones, girl".

"The name is Amari, dickwad". She said, crossing her arm against her chest.

The rest of the gang wanted to attack Amari, but the leader just waved them off as he laughed some more.

"I want to keep you".

"I'm not an animal". She told him,

"No, you're not. I apologize, sweetheart".

Amari focused her attention on Chol and made sure he was alright. She knew he had to be scared shitless right now. She understood his feelings all too well. What happened with Tae Wan, she was scared out of her mind, especially since they were trying to do some illegal surgery on her. She didn't know if she would have made it out alive. It didn't stop her from fighting back, though.

Amari placed a hand on Chol's shoulder, trying to comfort him.

"I'm still here Bong Bong. I'm not going anywhere and I won't let anything happen to you. I swear". She told him.

Chol's face flushed again, but he tried to calm himself down. Amari always made him flustered. She wasn't doing it on purpose. It was just the way she was. She was an amazing woman that he was glad that he was fortunate enough to meet and get close with. Too bad her and his uncle are supposed to be together if he doesn't keep screwing things up.

Amari kept a close eye on all of the gangsters as she continued to comfort Chol. They didn't seem like HORRIBLE gangsters as long as you give them what they want, so maybe Chol is not really that much in danger. Still, she doesn't trust them.

This keeps reminding Amari about her kidnapping with Tae Wan. It seems Su Hyun just brings trouble wherever he goes and they are just collateral damage. Amari felt she was right to distance herself from him. She never asked for this kind of life, especially if her friend was going to get caught  in the middle of it. Her talk with her great grandmother Kali in her dream came to her.

"What is it about me that separates from any other potential woman for him? It could have been my mother, her mother or my future kids and grandkids. Why choose me?" She thought.

It didn't make any sense to her. Why was she so special?