The Story of the Legend Chapter 25

Su Hyun watched as Amari walked towards them, slowly. He couldn't tell if she was moving or her body was moving on their own like before, what happened with Tae Wan.

He watched as Amari grabbed the gangster by the neck, the one that was beating him with a bat and threw him off of him and to a wall far behind her. One by one, Amari threw each and every gangster over ten feet away with one arm. The leader stopped and looked at Amari with widened eyes.

"What the hell?" He said as he took out his pocket knife and held it to Su Hyun's neck. He used his body as a shield as he watched Amari's every move.

"What the hell are you?" He asked her, taking a step back as she took a step forward.

"I'm only a simple woman who wants to help her friend". She answered him.

"So that is Amari". Su Hyun thought.

The leader chuckled. "There's nothing simple about you". He told her, dropping the knife, pushing Su Hyun into her arms and raising both of his hands up in defeat. "You defeated all of my men on your own. I don't know what you are, but I know I cannot go up against you and win".

"You're smart. More than I expected from a bunch of gangsters". She told him, making him chuckle again.

Amari grabbed and put Su Hyun's arms around her shoulders. "Can you stand?" She asked him, making him nod his answer to her. She helped him stand up. Slowly, they made their way out of the abandoned building and towards Yong and Chol Bong. Once they were in the car, Yong quickly drove off back to Su Hyun's apartment.

Yong, Chol, and Amari all helped Su Hyun to his room. Yong had to drag Chol out of the room, so he could leave the two of them alone.

Su Hyun was finally able to relax, although he was a bloody mess. He was aching all over his body. Amari left and came back with his first aid kit.

"Take off you shirt". She told him sternly, making him chuckle, though it hurt.

"Yes, ma'am". He answered her as he did what he was told.

Amari stared at all of the bruises and cuts on his abdomen, covering the previous scars that were present.

She had to wet a towel, before she washed away the blood on his face and torso. Su Hyun just watched and enjoyed the view of Amari as she nursed him.

"Thank you, Amari, for saving me". He told her through the comfortable silence.

"You're welcome". She simply told him.

Su Hyun grabbed and held the hand cleaning his cuts. "Amari, I know what I did to you was inexcusable, but.....". His sentence was cut off when Amari placed her lips on his, taking him by surprise. He slowly eased into it and grabbed her waist and pulled her as closely as possible as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Their lips were parted, allowing their tongues to clash and dance in each other's mouthes.

The two of them parted slowly from one another, staring in each other's eyes.

"What was that for?" Su Hyun asked, trying to catch his breath.

"What happened today made me realize something". Amari hesiatated a bit.

"What was that?" Su Hyun asked curiously.

"Yes, you lied to me and hid a huge secret that impacted my life. I had to distance myself from you not only because of what you did, but because I needed to figure out what my worth was to you. It was hard and long. I even had a talk with my great grandmother Kali as I drank myself to sleep".

"What did you come to?" Su Hyun asked.

"You and I need one another in our lives. I am more than just your protector, lover, or the gumiho's key to becoming human. I make you a better person and you make me a better person".

Su Hyun just stared at her.

"It made me realize something else". She looked at him.

"What is that?"

"My feelings for you". She told him.

"How do you feel about me?" He asked curiously.

Amari hesitated, biting on her bottom lip. She couldn't go back now that she brought it up. It was weird for her to confess her feelings to a man. She had never done that before. It was her ex boyfriend that confessed and initiated their relationship.

Su Hyun waited, anxious to know of her feelings for him. He didn't know what to expect next. Never from her. She was so unpredictable.

Amari inhaled a long breath and exhaled it out slowly.

"I have come a realization that I am in love with you". She admitted, though got really embarrassed afterwards, making her avert her eyes.

Su Hyun smiled warmly at her, grabbing her chin gently, making her look into his eyes.

"Which is a relief for me because I am in love with you as well". He said to her, making Amari relax to his touch and smile back.

Su Hyun placed a soft, but deep kiss on her lips, before parting from her and holding her tightly into his arms. Amari gently laid her head on his bare chest, enjoying the sound of his heartbeat.

"I am so sorry, Amari. I mean it". Su Hyun whispered in her ear.

"I forgive you, Su Hyun". She whispered back.

Amari eventually continued to finish patching him up, before she attempted to leave and go back to her apartment, but Su Hyun had other things in mind. He wanted her to stay, so she did. The two of them laid in Su Hyun's bed, him embracing her and her hugging his back, cuddling. Amari laid her head on his chest again and Su Hyun laid his chin on top of her head. The two of them closed their eyes and enjoyed one another's warmth and the sound of their breathing and heartbeats. Eventually, the two fell asleep in each other's arms. They have gotten through another obstacle in their relationship. Hopefully, others woudn't come so quickly or be that difficult. It was hard for the both of them to be without one another.