The Story of the Legend Chapter 16

Amari stared at the newspaper in disbelief. Both of her hands were trembling as she read the words on the front page. "Affair", "mistress", "gold digger", "succubus". These were the words that were used to describe her and the situation. This paper made her out to be a woman, who was seducing this man through sexual activity to get his money, but that was far from the truth. She had thought that once she had taken his money that this has been settled, but now it is popping its face again. Why?

Amari's knees gave out as she fell onto the hard-waxed floor. She wanted to cry. She felt like she was going to, but she held it in. She hated to show that kind of weakness in front of others. She hated feeling vulnerable in public. She didn't want anyone to see it, to see her defeated. What was she going to do? Everything was out. Everything, but the truth. Amari looked over the paper again and squinted as she tried to read the name of the person that published it.

"Ja Kyung," she mumbled, her fists now trembling with anger. "This bitch." She said.

Su Hyun walked over to her and snatched the paper from her hands and looked at the author's name.

"Ja Kyung," he said as well, sighing in annoyance. "She went out of her way to soil Amari's reputation all because of her jealousy?" He thought. He regretted ever showing any interest in her at all, even if it was just sexual.

"I'm going to kill this bitch," Amari said.

"We will deal with Ja Kyung later. Right now, we need to settle this once and for all, but first, I'm going to need to know what truly happened". Su Hyun told her.

Amari only nodded her head as she thought back on the incident. Su Hyun gently grabbed her hands and pulled her onto her feet.

"I will help you through this. Let me protect you". He tells her, before leading her to his office.

Amari could only smile at the back of Su Hyun's head as he led her to his office. "Thank you." She told him. Su Hyun smiled as well.

Su Hyun sat her down in his office chair, the same chair she sat on when they first met when he was doing the interview. He remembered how he tried to seduce her, jokingly, and it backfired and turned into a wise lesson. Perhaps this incident was what she was talking about at that time?

He sat behind his desk, pressed the button for the intercom, called his secretary and told her to bring in a couple of cups of coffee, before focusing all his attention on Amari. The secretary brought in the coffee, before leaving and quietly shutting the door behind her.

"Please tell me what happened." He said to her in a gentle voice. He knew it must have been hard for her to talk about this. It was probably something she wants to forget, but instead, it came back to bite her in the ass.

Amari inhaled, before exhaling slowly, giving herself the courage to speak about what happened.

"I was young when this incident happened. Freshly out of high school. Looking for a job that paid well, so I could afford to go to college. Of course, I was never able to because of this incident. I was an exuberant child, attractive, self-sufficient, independent, hard working, intelligent. My body emanated an innocence that attracted a lot of men, good and bad. Unfortunately, it attracted the bad one".

"Baek Jin-Wook." Su Hyun whispered.

"Yes, my boss. I didn't know about my boss's womanizing. I thought I was being praised for my work well done. I didn't think it could have been anything more. After all, he was allegedly a happily married man with two adult children, who have their children. Why would I think that he had any sort of interest in me other than professionalism? I was wrong". Amari paused.

Su Hyun listened carefully, took notes, recorded the whole conversation. Of course, he asked before he could. He was doing this, so she wouldn't have to tell this story again. He didn't want to keep bringing up a painful past.

"It all started with unwarranted touching. He would touch my back, shoulder. Nothing wrong with that, right? It was supposed to be comforting. Then it went to my breasts and ass, where he would pretend that it was an accident that he was bumping into me. Then it went to my leg, where he would start gently caressing it. He would start from my knee and then go higher and higher to my inner thigh. Of course, I told him to stop, that it was making me uncomfortable, especially since I was wearing a skirt. Sitting down, he nearly met my nether regions. After that inappropriate touching, came the unwanted advances and flirtations. Of course, I would shut down his flirting right away, telling him it's not professional. Then it came to him asking to "talk" to me alone to the point that he asked me to stay after work, late at night, after everyone clocked out and went back home. I agreed".

Su Hyun stared at her. He didn't like where this was headed, but he tried to keep himself remaining calm.

"One night, he asked me to meet with him in his office after work. He wanted to discuss my performance with me, so of course, I agreed. I was hoping it was good news. Perhaps a promotion, and he was willing to give me one, under one condition. The condition was that I give him my body for this one night. Of course, I declined his offer and attempted to walk out of his office, but he blocked my way. Before I could react, he pushed me onto his desk and got on top of me. I was frightened. I didn't know what to do. I seriously thought I was going to be raped that night. At that time, I wasn't used to my powers. I just knew I had them. I didn't know how to control them, yet. One of his secretaries walked into the room and saw us in this strong position. She had wanted to work overtime to earn more money for the week. We were both in shock, but I took this opportunity to knee him in his nether regions and pushed him so hard, he flew back and hit the wall behind him hard".

"I want to kill this guy." Su Hyun thought as he continued to jot down notes.

"I thought it was over, but word got out about the incident. Of course, he told his side of the story, and everyone took his word for it. I was given settlement money for the incident on a promise that I say nothing, and I took it, wanting all of this to go away. That's the truth of what happened".

Su Hyun nodded his head.

"Alright, I will get my lawyers to handle the legality of this issue. However, I need concrete evidence of what happened that night. I know it was a long time ago, but I need it to clear your name". He told her.

Amari pondered for a minute.

"There was a hidden camera in his room that night that recorded the whole thing. I also heard that it was saved on a Mickey Mouse USB and locked away in a safe in his office".

Su Hyun nodded his head.

"That's perfect. All we need is that USB. Then we can go to the police and then everything will be resolved!"

"Yes, but the only question is how are we going to get our hands on that USB?" Amari asked.

"Leave that to me." He said.