First Obstacle

Alright..... This'll probably have some elements from the manga as well as the anime, but it shouldn't  spoil too much if you haven't seen both.

This is my first attempt at writing anything romantic, really, so I hope it works!
I'll probably do separate endings because I love them all too much. ;)

Except Claude. I kinda hate Claude.... anyway.......

I (obviously) don't own Black Butler.

-------------------------------------
You nervously peek through the black veil in front of your face. The entire crowd has their eyes pivoted on one subject: you, [Name] [Last Name].

Only they don't know it's you. As far as they know, the one behind the veil is not you, but Queen Victoria, who is now, well, supposed to be attending the funeral of her recently murdered son.

But the Queen is dead.

You killed her.

You killed both her and her son.

For the time being, you are the queen.

And if anyone finds out what happened, you are dead.

For now, you just have to take this one day at a time.

----------------------------------------------

First obstacle: Meeting of Parliament.

You rigidly stifle a yawn back in your throat as the speakers drone on and on about finding "your" successor now that "your" only son is dead. Of course you still have a job to do. After all, it wasn't entirely for your benefit that you killed them.

Nope, you were blackmailed. Paid and blackmailed, for you were still one of the best assassins in London.

But you had one last task, or they would reveal what you had done.

"Excuse me," you begin.

No one pays any attention.

"MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION!" you shout.

The entire room silences.

You sweatdrop. "Ummmm. Ahem. There is only one person whom I would suggest.

I choose my cousin, the Baron Guisan and his heirs to henceforth and forever succeed the throne and all that the position entails." You finish with a dramatic flourish.

Baron Guisan stands up with a shocked expression and goes through the ritual pleasantries, but it is all an act. He knew what was coming long before you did.

You scowl at the man who had ruined your future, kidnapped your family, held a perpetual burning match to you family's estate, and, was now, the Crown Prince.

Sickening.

All you want is to personally thrust a dagger through his heart and end his life.

And, unfortunately, all the demons in the vicinity are already taken.

Sorry.

There aren't any angels or shinigami who particularly wish to help out, either.

You'll have to figure this mess out on your own.

But, looking through the royal papers, there are a few pawns you might be able to rely on.

The Guard Dog. Earl Ciel Phantomhive.

and

The Spider. Earl Alois Trancy.

Ah, they could prove quite useful indeed.

You smile as you send out two summoning letters stamped with the royal seal.

Little do you know just how difficult these particular pawns are going to be to handle.