Costume party, part III

You nervously nod at the butlers standing in front of you. "May I help you?" you ask in your most refined voice.

Sebastian closes his eyes and smiles.

You feel a slight shiver.

"Oh, did you happen to see what was wrong with Lady [L/Name]? She left so suddenly, she didn't even try any of the refreshments I'd prepared."

[Name], he thinks, if everyone else rejects you.... maybe I'll have a chance with you!

Claude smirks.

How interesting... Sebastian seems quite interested in you... He begins to grin....demonically.....

You nervously shake your head. "I can't say that I did..."

Ciel comes up behind you and glares. "Sebastian, treat the queen with respect. That's an order."

A flicker of a smile. "Ah, but my lord, this is not the-"

"W-Ah, Earl," Your voice cracks. You clear your throat as he looks at you strangely. "I'd like to talk to you."

You rush outside past Sebastian and he laughs. Are you- are you-....caught?

Did the Undertaker tell him?

Did he find out?

Or are you just paranoid?

"Are you quite alright, your majesty?"

You jolt out of your thoughts. "Pardon?" You cough.

He suddenly stares at your veiled eyes. "Forgive me, your Majesty, but... you've haven't been yourself lately."

Terror seizes your heart. "I'm sorry.... all this death has hit me rather hard." Your voice shakes.

Ciel suddenly touches your arm. "Your Majesty.... you've lost everything too, haven't you. Everyone...."

You sniff. It is true, even if your family is still alive....

You lost yourself.

"This may be presumptuous, but.... your Majesty..." He looks away. "You can think of me as your son instead."

You gasp, eyes wide and face red. He looks... really, really cute...

But you know it's dangerous to get close to him, in any disguise. You turn towards him coldly.

"How very indecorous. You may still be a child, but you chose to be the Earl Phantomhive. Now, Guard Dog, tell me what you've found out."

He looks surprised for a moment, before putting his usual cold mask over his face. "You saw the Lady [Name] [Last Name] yourself today. She seems to be the last trace of the [L/Name] family. I intend to everything I can in my power to get closer to her and find out the truth."

You sigh. You had hoped slightly that he was interested in you for your own sake, but of course... it is only for information. "Very well then. Be sure to find out quickly. And be sure to check on Earl Trancy, that Spider." You would prefer to keep your distance from Alois as much as possibly.

Of course, you don't realize that the Spider and his butler watch you from a distance.

"Tell me the truth, Claude," Alois says. "Is that really my [Name] playing as the queen?"

Claude pushes his glasses up. "Yes."

"Oh, how wonderful," Alois laughs. "You'll have to bring her over to the mansion, Claude! We'll have a great time!"

"Is that an order, Your Highness?"

He grins. "Yes Clause. Hoheo Taralna, Rondero Tarel! Get [Name] for me!"

Claude smiles. Perfect. You're only making it easier for me, foolish Earls, foolish Demon. [Name] will be MINE in the end. She will suffer, and you will ALL suffer. Alois Trancy, Ciel Phantomhive, Sebastian Michaelis.... this will be my revenge.

-------------------

This all seems really OOC..... oh well.....