Two Places At Once, the Costume Party Part II

Prince Soma takes your hand and whisks you to the dance floor, and the two of you begin to step in time with the music. You admire his expert dancing, as you had always neglected your lessons and are ...not than the best dancer in the world.

Alois and Clause stand near the edge of the floor and try to get your attention, but you conveniently ignore them. After chasing you through the streets, there is no way you are going to trust them at all.

Ciel and the "Queen" go past you, and suddenly the lady in black taps your back.

"I need to talk to you," she whispers quickly, as Ciel pulls her away.

You nod slightly.

The Prince pulls you closer and you lose yourself in his gaze. He is the Prince of India.... surely he has no real loyalty to the Queen, in fact, it seems as though India would be far happier without England...

Maybe, just maybe, you could find another ally?

You nervously smile at him and step off the dance floor. "May I speak with you? Outside?"

He smiles brightly. "Sure!"

Your sister, dressed as the queen, suddenly grabs your sleeve. "This is more important than your little love confession," she hisses.

You blush. "T-that's not-"

"Hush."

You hurriedly apologize to Prince Soma and rush outside. You place your hands on your hips and face your sister. "What do you need?!?!?!?!?!"

"How am I supposed to act like the queen if you never told me anything about her?!?!?!?!?!?!" she rants. "There's no way the Earl couldn't be suspicious!"

Shoot. "How badly did you mess up?"

"Ummm..." She scratches the back of her head. "What is America?"

You stare in horror. "Oh, no...."

"Sorry...."

"Okay, okay, think. How about.... okay, I'll announce that I'm leaving, and... we'll.... switch costumes!" Your palms get sweaty. Forget romance, you'll consider yourself lucky if you survive the night.

All of the young men stare as you leave, wishing they could have had just one dance....

And two butlers exchange a knowing glance.

"You Majesty," they sing out.