♥ ♡2

Prince Sohma's breathing sounds all around you as you army-crawl through the narrow vent system in the Grim Reaper Headquarters. "Why did you have to decide on this route?" He groans. "My back, ah, [Name]!"

You sweatdrop. "Did you really want to stick around when that creepy gender-neutral reaper guy came jumping in through the window?"

"Agh! Never!" Sohma leaps forward like a pouncing tiger and grabs onto your waist, hiding his face in your hair as the anime tears stream down his face and get the back of your shirt wet.

Your face goes red. "Get off, man! I'm running out of oxygen!"

"Aw, [Nameeeeeeee]"

You hurriedly try to creep forward, but you can't get out of his grasp. You twist around and see his face just a few inches away. You laugh nervously. "Heh-heh-how far ahead do you think Agni got?"

Prince Sohma smiles brightly, nearly blinding you. "I'm sure he already got out and is actively searching for an escape route."

"Oh, th-that's nice...." You try to pry his arms off of you, but he's surprisingly strong for a lazy prince.

You resort to an "accidental" elbow to the gut and propel yourself forward.

"Ow, not fair!" Sohma crawls forward and catches your foot. You kick back. The vent system gives a horrible crack sound.

"Oh, shoot," you mumble.

"Don't move [Name]!"

Prince Sohma once again takes you by the waist and braces as the ceiling gives out underneath you and you tumble together to the ground, though he takes the impact himself and lies on the ground, breathing heavily.

"Idiot." You stand up and shake your head. "Are you alright? You never even told me why you're here!"

The room you landed in is empty, but it appears to be some sort of an office, filled with stacks and stacks of paper. The door was locked from the inside, and you take a quick peek outside the room.

Still surrounded by hallways, but these seemed brighter and less foreboding.

As you close the door again, a golden nameplate catches the light. You trace your fingers along it.

"Nathaniel Whittemore..." You read."....Personnel Department?"

-------------------

Because.