Chapter Nine

"Get out of my house now." I say with the same tone of confidence, and without any argument, he stands and walks out the front door. 

It feels like my mind is spinning. I crash down on to the couch, letting out a long sigh. How is this my life? This stuff just doesn't happen in real life. I continually tell myself that none of this can be real then go over the evidence that proves it's real.

On top of everything, I have no idea what to do about Hailee. She's a murderer. How many people can say that about their best friend? She's not even a real human anymore. It's not her fault, but it's still the way it is. 

Maybe I'm being too hard on her. If I turned into a weird supernatural killer, I wouldn't want her to leave me all alone. I just don't know how to accept the fact that she'll kill people. She'll take their souls.

My head begins to throb, and I swear I can feel my brain aching. I need to do something else besides think my sanity away. I stand from the couch and grab my phone, playing some music. Letting go of all of my thoughts, I dance around the house. 

The sweat forming on my forehead feels good like all of my worries are slowly running down my face. I keep my eyes closed, refusing to see how horrible I look. Once my body is begging me to take a break, I collapse back onto the couch. I don't bother turning the music off or opening my eyes but enjoy the moment of having a clear head.

Unfortunately, the music stops and is replaced by my ringtone. I slowly drag my eyes to the screen and huff when I see Hailee's name.

"Hello?" I breathe into the phone, still trying to catch my breath.

"Tabitha! Please talk to me. I feel so alone, and I don't know what happened last night. I have been remembering bits and pieces but I just don't know how it happened!" She cries, stopping after every few words to blow her nose.

"Okay. I know. Something incredibly crazy and terrifying is happening." 

"I'm so glad you agree!" 

"I don't know what you mean by that. I didn't agree with anything you said. I stated my own opinion." I spit, irritated with her quick burst of enthusiasm. 

"I know, but I agree." She says more quietly this time. 

"Look, I don't know what I can do for you. Maybe I can talk to Harry and see if there's a cure or something." I suggest, cringing at the thought of speaking to him.

"Do you want me to come?"

"You should probably stay home. Maybe even chain yourself to something."

"Oh okay. Well, thanks for wanting to help." She gushes, and I end the call. Why did I just volunteer to talk to a demon? The thought alone makes my stomach twist.

I don't even know where I would find him. Does he have a home? Maybe he's staying at Duke's house; although, that would be pretty twisted since he killed him. I guess demons don't care about that stuff. They enjoy it even. 

After showering and getting myself ready, I lock up my house and get in my car. The drive to Duke's house seems to take longer than usual, but I don't mind it. I'm not exactly excited to see Harry. 

I pull up outside the house and quickly notice the for sale sign in the lawn. Wow, good luck selling this murder house. I slowly walk up to the door. Half of me hopes that Harry is here while the other half is praying that the house is empty.

I knock on the door and wait a few minutes before knocking again. It's probably empty. Why would Harry choose to stay here? Just because he made it vacant doesn't mean he wants it.