Chapter Thirty

"It's midnight. I'm going to bed, Dylan." I hop down from the bathroom counter that has now made my butt numb.

"You just want to get in bed with Harry." He mumbles and pushes past me, storming through the bedroom, Harry's eyes following him, until he slams the door behind him.

"It's probably the stress about the events taking place tomorrow." Harry says then frowns, "Or do I say today? It is midnight."

"Like I said, I'm going to bed." I try to hide the anxiety flowing out of me. The thought of what will be happening in a few hours is too much to handle.

"I can help you relax." He lazily wraps his arm around my waist as I lay on the bed.

"I don't want to do that, Harry."

"You don't even know what I'm talking about."

"Yes, I do. You want to get in my pants." I say, and he slides his hand down and under my shirt, pointing out how I don't have pants on under my large t-shirt.

"How can I get in your pants when you're not wearing any?"

"I didn't take them off for your pleasure."

"For Dylan, then? I saw him looking at you."

"No! Just let me sleep, please." I squeeze my eyes closed and pull away from him, but a banging on the front door makes me jerk up.

"Stay here." Harry is off the bed in an instant and down the hall. I shoot up from the bed, having no intentions of obeying him.

"Do you know who it is?" I hear Dylan ask somebody as I turn the corner in to the living room.

"How the hell would I know?" Liam answers with an annoyed tone.

Meanwhile, Harry paces in front of the door, holding his lip between two fingers. I take a step closer to him, to comfort him, but the banging continues. I jump, startled by the noise and terrified of who it could be. Finally, Harry stops and places his hand on the door knob, slowly opening it. At first, I think my eyes are playing a trick on me, or the boys somehow made this happen, but when I see Harry's face, I know this wasn't planned.

"Tabitha!" My grandmother shouts, rushing towards me and wrapping her arms around me, which I don't return.

"Get the hell off of me!" I push her away, taking a step back. Dylan comfortingly wraps an arm around me, and I catch Harry glaring at him.

"You're plotting against her. This was probably the stupidest decision you've made, because now, I'm going to kill you." Harry says with ease, and I think I hear enjoyment in his voice.

"Nobody is killing me or my wonderful granddaughter." She confidently responds, and I'm glad someone can stand up to Harry.

"I saw a vision of you and a man." I say, and before I have to explain any more, her face drops.

"I was just going along with his plan! If I didn't agree, I would be killed!" 

"For some reason, I don't believe you." I storm in to the kitchen just to get away from her.

"Listen to me, Tabitha. You're walking on thin ice." She runs after me, grabbing my arm and forcing me to look at her.

"And you're not?"

"I said something to live. You're shacking up with two demons and the angel of death!"

"Well, they're a lot more trustworthy than you are."

"Stop with the dramatics."

"Grandma, you don't know what it's like. Every time I have one of those visions, I go through hell, and then I see you saying that, making it even worse."