Chapter Thirty Five

Harry grips my arms, stopping me from falling into him and pushing the blade deeper into myself. My head slumps onto his shoulder, and my eyes droop shut. Slowly, the area around the blade begins to dully throb.

 I hold my grip on the blade in my hand, waiting for the oppurtunity to use it on Harry or Niall. Maybe I should just let them live. After all, what does it matter to me if I'm dead?

"Good job, Harry." Niall praises, reminding me that I'm still here with them. 

"Should we just leave her in here?" Harry asks.

"Sure. She did the same thing to her grandmother."

Harry slowly pushes me down to the ground and sits me up against the wall. I try to sit as still as possible, for every movement feels like I'm being stabbed again. 

"Come on, Harry."

"I'll be out in a second."

"Don't take too long. We've got plans to finish up."

"Alright."

A silence hangs over the room, and I hear the door shut. I don't know if I'm alone or not, but at this point, I couldn't care less. I'm going to die, and that's all that matters. 

"Tabitha?" Harry's voice cuts through the silence, "Can you hear me?"

I try to gather the strength to respond, but my insides are screaming in pain, so I nod, not bothering to open my eyes.

"I'm so sorry." His voice is shaky, like he's crying, so I lift my eyelids to look at him, and his eyes are filled with tears.

"Save it." I groan, wincing from the pain in my abdomen.

"I told you to trust me. I hope you can still do that. Don't pull out the blade." 

"Why?"

"You'll bleed to death." He lets out a sigh, "Just stay here, okay?"

I stare into his green eyes. I trusted these eyes. I put all of my love, innocence, and hope into these eyes. Now these eyes are watching me die. I could never allow myself to make the same mistake twice. 

I let my eyes close again, dismissing him. The door doesn't shut, and I don't hear footsteps, though. Before I can open my eyes, Harry's lips are on mine. He pulls away within a second, leaving me utterly confused and upset. I force my eyes open and glare at him, but a tear escapes and rolls down my cheek, giving away my true emotions.

"Please don't cry." He pleads, but it just makes more tears fall.

"Go." I breathe.

His expression is filled with hurt, and I almost laugh. He doesn't even come close to understanding feeling hurt. Without another word, he stands up and leaves me alone in the room. The room that I murdered my grandmother, and now the room that I was murdered in.

I rest my head back on the wall and try my best to ignore the unbearable throbbing in my stomach. This is the worst pain I've ever felt. I could end it all faster by pulling out the blade. I could bleed to death. I don't think I have the strength to pull it out, though.

My eyes close on their own, and I enjoy the darkness. The black that I'm surrounded by is the true color of Harry's eyes. That's why I should never have trusted him. The reason was always there, but I only let myself see the lies.

I slip deeper and deeper into the darkness of my mind. The further I go, the more numb I feel.  Because of this, I let go of my consciousness more and more until I am no longer in reality.