Thiam; If you can't laugh (you'll cry)

In Theo's POV

------

You notice it more often than others.

He smiles so much.

That adorable, awkward kind of smile where his eyes crinkle, lips turn upwards gradually and a small huff of breath escapes him.

And, naturally, you'd hope it's for you.

You'd hope his blissful beauty has set its eye on your soul, been captured by the spark igniting in your eyes each time that fucking smile welcomes itself back into your life.

Then, your eyes die a little. They dim, don't shine, don't have that same kind of firework in the core.

Why?

Because, you know it's not for you. No matter how much you wish for it, or pray for it, hope for it or try for it.

You'll beg on your knees, or kiss the sky or shed a tear in the night.

For it to be you.

Then, she doesn't do any of that- just simply exists.

That smile is for her- the girl who doesn't try anything and instantly gets his looks.

Without her around, he sneaks his glances at you; sure. Blue eyes meet tear stained, he doesn't seem to mind.

But you're not what he dreams about, you know it. You have such high hopes for it, you just have a pit in the bottom of your stomach. Twisting and twisting like a knife, you can't pull it out- you'd die from loosing too much blood (too much of your love for that god damn smile). But you can't keep it in, either. You'd burst.

So, you let blood seep through the wounds (you gotta show some affection, right?)

Then, whilst he's forcing you to pull on the knife without realising it- it'll get taken out and you'll spill it all and....

Well, who knows what's after that, really?

Moral of the story is, you can't stop feeling the pain (butterflies) of death (love). Especially, if there's someone else for the one you're dying for.

(After all, what's one death?)

So, whilst they're laughing- you'll cry instead.