chapter one -the proposal

She rushed into the small house ,making the door rattle in disapproval and she tossed her bag to the side then  she ran to the living room screaming ",mom ,dad I'm home !"
she ran ,and when she entered she  found an unlikely site .
There on their small couch sat a classically dressed couple .
They were beautiful ,they couldn't be elder than thirty five .The lady was blonde with green sparkly eyes and petite figure .The man was brunette with a lanky body and lean muscles .Probably six foot two .
Then she turned to her mom and dad ,seated on small arm chairs .She  pursed my lips and said ",Ammi ,Papi ",she said expectantly to them in hope that they'll clarify for her .They were just smiling at her ,the couple followed her with their eyes enviously .
Her mom stood up and kissed my cheek lovingly her eyes sparkling with unspoken joy . 
She said holding her shoulders ",My baby ,this is Mr and Mrs Jacqui .They are the head master and head mistress of Prince Calipa Jacqui high school .They are here ..."her father cut her short taking her by her shoulders laughing ",Josi love allow them  to explain to her themselves".he smiled and she smiled to him as well ,still in love as ever .Even though they were poor ,they had a lot love and that's all they need.
Then she looked at the strange couple ,to find them smiling funnily at her .
Then they gestured her to sit .she sat on the uncomfortable chair by the table .
Then Mrs Jacqui said ",Nice to meet you Alexander .We were looking to sponsor few great minds across the country .And it so happens that your principal is our friend and he recommended you and even set up this meeting .We were hoping to ask if you'd attend our school in pristine heights ."she said with glistening eyes of a child seeing candy  hopeful with a sweet voice and all .
I said after some thought ",But ...but I am Mr Tulipa's best student ,I can't just leave.What about all my friends ,and pristine heights that means I'll be living away from my parents .I don't mean to be rude but I can't  go without them ".she finished and her parents smiled curtly.
",You are a very humble person ,I must say . So how about we offer your parents an apartment close to the school to stay in it for free as an extension of your scholarship ,with job opportunities for them both and allowance for you as well as ".the man said hopeful in a cheery husky voice .
I said after some thought",Why would go through all  the trouble .What are going to gain .Nothing is for free you know ".I said suspiciously.
My mother gasped and said ",Alex !",.
The couple laughed heartily and said ",Josi dear she means well .Very inquisitive .Very perspective .so scientistical . Actually we are going to gain something .An heir ."
And Alexander looked at them with bewilderment ."I have to have a child ! "she exclaimed ,gaining horrified glances from everyone .
The lady said reassureringlly ",Ofcourse not love .What i mean is we have two sons .our elderest is into money and business and you will work with him from time to time .Our second born is onto music so he does not want any part of our business .When your principal told us you wanted to become a nuclear scientist,and your academic qualifications we knew we had to see you .We want you to run the Jacqui royal nuclear plant that we are going to open in five years time .We want to pay for your university tuition and all and have you train for a month by a good friend of ours at the Koeberg nuclear powerplant in the Karoo ,cape town South Africa   .Then when you come back you'll be the sole heir to the business and the CEO .Please reconsider this  "she finished in her smooth sweet voice .
I creased my forehead and said ",i still don't understand your benefit  in all of this .I am grateful for the gesture but ill have to think about it first ."
My parents sighed apologetically to the couple .They knew i could be stubborn .
The man said ",Of course Alexander .We benefit greatly .Our school will the first on the world .The power plant will supply the entire city which will gain us money and political stability .We aim to open twenty more branches to our existing eight throughout the world .We want to sponsor more and more great minds .We love children and prosperity .Sadly our sons ,the twentysix year old and twenty year old want nothing to do with science .The other one is into music and the other is business and money .So I will let you in on a secret ,we are selfishly choosing you not only because of the sciency stuff ,but because our friend for two decades .I trust him my life .We studied everything about you .All your PE ,medical practise ,guidance councillor ,and leadership skills are what  had us interested in you. Don't worry, we will give you time to reconsider our offer ",he spoke sincerely with his wife nodding in agreement. She bit my lower lip and put her hands on her lap and started twirling with her fingers with her eyes focused on the floor but not really seeing any of it.
Her mother informed the couple ",That is her thinking face ,she does it all the time when in deep thought ."she smiled dreamily at her daughter .
The lady's green eyes twinkled as she cupped her hands together and said in a coaxed voice ",She is adorable I could just eat her up ",she said.
Then Alex said all of a sudden ",Let us discuss possibilities ,What if I get in a car crash and die or worse in wheel chair will my parents and their jobs and all, how secure are they? ",she said steadily.
Her parent's eyes nearly fell from their sockets .
The man said ",Well, immediately when they start working the will have the insurance and as for you, since even now you are the CEO, you will be one of the company shareholder which means as long as the company makes money, you will receive your share ",he said smoothly.
They all flashed me winning smiles.
",I still believe this is too good to be true ..."
They smiles wavered just for smallest of times, but i quickly interjected
",However .....however....",she trailed thinking about her parents .
",I will agree if you allow my shares to be written under my parents name instead ",she stated.
The green eyed beauty looked at her in what seemed as admiration ,her eyes glimered with definate  hero  in them .
Her husband eyed the young skeptically and the broke into a smile and said ",Alexander, I like your negotiation skills. You and your family are welcomed to the Jacqui corp. "he said smugly.
The girl said after nodding ",Thank you mr and mrs Jacqui ".
They nodded in return.
Then Alex said as they began to leave ",Wait are you guys related of Prince Calipa Jacqui of the 13th dynasty ?".she gaped at them hardly realising she spoke out of turn.
Her parents looked at the couple apologetically and her mother said ", Sorry  ,she gets like that when an idea springs to her mind she just forgets her manners. "
The couple laughed heartily at the anxious  young girl.
",Yes ,Alex. Prince Calipa is my ancestor ." said the man a little sombre at the thought  .
Why would anyone mourn an ancestor who is several hundred years dead ...the girl thought .

After finalising all details with the Jacqui's about  .They left after signing the forms.

.........................
When the Jacqui's got to their mansion the head butler said bowing deeply ",Your majesties ,good evening ",
They nodded once.
Mrs Jacqui said ",Thank you Norman .Where is my son Xander? ",she asked her gaze wondering the great halls. 
",Xander !?",she said audibly letting her voice bombard and echo around the halls and great hall chapel being held up by great marble pillars  and polished marble floors.

",Master.....master Xandé says he doesn't want to be disturbed, my queen ".
And the lady said ",Disturbed my foot. Call him her-..."she was abruptly  cut of by an annoyed uninterested voice belonging to a sadistic  and pessimistic  teenager.
",Mother ,I am right here there really is no need for shouting now is there? ".he said walking down the grand twin staircase with metal floral railing and balcony.
At the dinner table, Mrs Jaqcui informed her son ",You know we met this young girl she is poor, but yet so..... So rich you know ".
",No mother  I do not, know or maybe her blood is rich but her diet, downright of low quality ,making her blood less appealing to her ".he said twirling his pasta and spaghetti .
",Xandér this is not about her blood . She is so modest and cultured and mannered and kind and good . She us also a human , but most importantly our heir ".his mother said that and Xandèr exploded . His glass of blood exploded under the pressure of his hand . So big was his hatred for mankind ,humans .
",You are making a pathetic human your heir ?",he asked incredulously.
",We are adopting you a sibling . You will love her and protect her . But do not worry , that won't be  a problem  ,when you see her you will want to eat her up . But of course you cannot do that because she will be your sister . Okay . She will be coming to school in the next term ."his mother chipped . Just the thought of little Alex in school . But other worries occupy  her mind.  Her school is for both elite vampires and humans who are the selected few who  knew the truth about their race.
'Pitiful, me taking care of a human, over my dead ,wood staked hearted corpse with a staked heart.
",She even has the same name as you . Alexander and Alexandrè ."his father stated.

That night prince xander laid in bed thinking of his new sister .
He wanted to know what was special about her but his parents won't budge . He is definitely going to ensure she does not enjoy her stay.

AUTHOR NOTE
GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND ME.
comment
Vote
Share
1:58am/22/01/2018/Monday.