Chapter-9

Xander POV

My mother and father in a hurry and swirl of colour entered the room and of course mother thinks I did it. My mother saw Jenna and scowled.
"Get Dr Bernard in here. Only the best for our princess".my mother sneered at Jenna.
Why cause she decided to tell my parents that she slept with me and she deserves to marry me. I turned her down there and then with a sadistic laugh. I was like ,sorry sweetheart. It was fun but its over . It is ancient.
Let's just say she does not listen.
Jenna left with a scowl and mock bow.
Mom said",What happened?".She asked.
"She was doing the laps while everyone else was on the hike. I left her too. I heard her begin her hike . I was not concerned as all the students were at the rondevù point. I waited. Then her heart picked up pace until ......it stopped".I said.
My parents looked at me as if I was crazy.
"Are you sure. It could've been a deer or something."
My mother hoped.
"It was hers . I know Alex's heartbeat. I can single it out in a stadium full of humans that is how well I know it. It is very slow for a human. Only picking up pace when she thinks,shy,embarrassed or afraid. This time it stopped. And when I was about to rush to the other side of the hiking trail where she disappeared to ,she suddenly was near the point behind the trees and bruised and injured her heart jump starting and beating fast. Even now I do not know what happened. The only possible solution is that someone teleported her."I said gravely.
Their eyes widened."No its not possible. The only one who could do that was Dracula and even then it was not proven ."My father reasoned thinking I was making excuses.

I looked at the door and it closed and locked. Telepathically.
Their eyes widened.
"Wha-what".my mom stuttered.
I teleported to her locker an took her clothes and brought them back.
My mother sat down as if having a heart attack.
"How?".she asked.
"I have known since I was a child. A lot of vampires sort to kill me. So I had to learn to escape.
The first time it happened the rogues had kidnapped me. I was five. At night in my room far away from yours . I was scared and trapped. I wished I was in my room with eyes closed and next thing that happened was that I was there. Then I practiced and recently I have been spying on Alex. To know if she has hidden agendas and all because her boyfriend Joey turned out he used to attend our school and he is a hunter,so who knows maybe she is too."I sneered.
My mom was smiling . Weird.
"That is why your clothes and skin smell like her. You visit her every night. But why does your breath smell of her blood. You didn't".she panicked.
I smiled with my fangs."Do not worry . She did not notice."
Their eyes widened in horror.
"Do not worry. I wont kill her yet. And she was delectable ".I smiled.
She moaned in pain I looked down on her and saw her ankle bleeding also her hands had scratches all over. I licked the blood closing the visible wounds .
Funny thing is my fangs nor eyes changed.
I only felt the need to take her pain away. When I was done the only thing left was her shoulder which I was sure would hurt. I patted her shoulder "Wake up Einstein ".I said.
"Joey?".she asked.
I felt anger that she thought I was him. So I kept my facade calm and said"No . It's your worst nightmare".I retorted.
"Xander".she smiled opening her eyes. What?
"Wait I am really your worst nightmare?".I asked incredulously.
"What do you call a recurring dream in which you have scary red eyes and fangs and standing on my bedroom balcony. It makes me scared of my room ".She said while stretching .
"That's why you sleep on the couch every night". I remarked because I always wanted to know the reason she did it. But by the look on her face I knew I said the entirely wrong.
"So....so you are the-"she accused.
I couldn't let her finish. My reputation. I put my hand over her mouth and used my superspeed which she did notice ,to relocate her shoulder. It was so fast the pain only registered after a while.
Then I felt a small cut on my finger.
I pulled my hand away cradling it as if she were a a cannibal. Instead of me. Weird. I saw blood oozing from the wound she made. It surprisingly felt painful and for a small cut I should not have felt it at all.