Chapter 11

"Alex?".Joey sat up in his  bed . Looking at the time .
"How are you . Why are you up so late?How was school?".he asked worried.
"Joey?".she cried again. Her parents listened in from the passage. Worried for their daughter.
"Alex my sweet say something?".he begged. Having stood up now running a hand agitatedly through his hair.
Alex shed tears and said in a shaky voice looking around the dark sitting room illuminated by the kitchen.
"T-there is something here."She cried.
Her parents looked at each other puzzled.
"Where? What is causing my little Einstein such distress ? ".he asked.
"Something paranormal. Like ,s-she calls herself Maltabella and calls me minnä. She says my thoughts are not protected and that people are not what they seem. That they wont let me leave and they are after my blood?".she cried out.
Her parents got really concerned for her mental safety.
Joey froze. Paranormal activity,blood. They wont let her leave. He has to get Alex away from there. Fast. If what he suspects is true.
"Joey?".she cried in desperation.
"I am still here . I am still here my sweet. Tell me did you take any medicines ,and knock your head or something ? Are you well rested?".he hoped it was so and not the other way around.
"You don't believe me".I cried and clutching my pillows.
"No. No. That is not what I meant my Einstein".he cooed.
"Prince Xander,he scares me. He ,he is not human. He is possessed. The things he says to me about blood and bleeding. It scares me. He scares".she cried.
Her parents were now really concerned.
Joey's blood ran cold. Her blood. He became scared.
"Alex dear. I want you to not be afraid. I want you to write all your fears down in  your journal. And if you are in danger ,press that button. I will see if I can visit you soon. Okay?".He asked with desperation pulling his hair.
"Okay".she said weekly.
"Do not worry about that self righteous violin playing prick. I will solve him when I come . Xander used to want to bully me, but one day I got sick of it and fought with him. "he said.
"Joey?How. You don't fight,ever. And how can you fight with the best fighter here?".she asked.
"Even the best of fighters have flaws. And pretty boy is slightly allergic to the sun. So I fought with him in point blank noon sun. It weakened him to at least fight like a human".he stated.
"What do you mean fight like a human?".asked Alex.
"Nothing. Just that he is inhumanly good. Just stay away from him Alex. Stay away from him please. Okay?".He asked.
"I cannot. He is my personal body guard and royal guard. Since I am named princess I am supposed to be guarded at all times. Joey?".she said.
"Okay. Okay. He is not harming you or anything. Physically I mean. Try hiding your neck wear scarfs and wear long sleeved shirts and gloves. Hide as much skin as possible. Wear stockings. Let your shirt lapels and hair cover your neck okay. And please do not bleed until I come up with something. I am going to research what this maninä means. Now try to get some sleep,because I can tell your first day was very bad do I will not ask ".he said calming down and sitting down.
"Okay . But what is the deal about the bleeding business
It is quite irksome. "I said.

"I....I think he is psychopath . He is the type to the grow up and become serial killers. Those people have obsession with blood. So be careful not to irk him irk make him think you know okay?".he asked.
"Good. That is good. Now stand up from the couch that you are sitting on and go to bed".Joey said.
"How did you know I am sitting?"She asked him surprised.
"I am your friend for a reason you know."He said.
"Okay overprotective barbie. I miss you ,you know. I have no friends here. Of course Jonathan is nice but Xander is a nightmare , I pity his sweet mother." she said.
His eyes hardened as he looked out the window . I wish you didn't . People are not what they seem. They are much worse than you think. Jonathan ,I know him. We have exchanged blows before".he said remembering pushing Jonathan against a tree . The tree branch staking his abdomen. He was laughing hysterically. Telling him that as a pureblood ,such things did not kill them.

"You fought with Jonathan,I thought you two would get along?".she asked with sadness.
"Hey ,We did not fight like me and Xander. Just a spar. Besides don't go falling in love with strangers okay ?".he asked.
"Why you ask me that? You know I am not into that stuff".she sniffed.
"Right".He laughed.
"Good night Einstein".he said.
"Good night Barbie".She rasped.
"I love you".He said. Her parents held their breaths.
"Love you too Joey".then she hung up.
He smiled then put down the phone. But he thought of all the things she knew. He ran out of his room in a great hurry. He knocked on his father's office once and entered.
"Father".He said.
His father looked at him displeased. He was on the phone.
"Hang on a bit,Richard. My son just modelled into my office".He put down the phone.
"What is the meaning of this Joey?".He asked.
"Alex ,the vampires are onto Alex."he rushed out.
"So?She is your girlfriend".he said.
"No. Father ,the royal family has her. It is possible that she is off use to them or a threat."he said seating down.
His father fixed him with a level look. With steepled fingers".So you are saying ,because they have your girlfriend they are up to something. Come on son ,they are blood suckers like me and their only need will be blood. There is no more than I can do. We are banned remember?".He asked.
"Dad please. She says they will not let her leave. She is in danger. That perforated clown is her bodyguard and terrorizing her. She was crying now!"he said putting his hands on the table on agitation.
His father looked at his son . Clenched jaw. Hard eyes. 'Ow dear' he thought
"You love her don't you ?".he asked.
Joey's eyes widened. He looked away.
"That is not important. Her blood is special. Her blood delays vampire healing . If drunken enough,it can turn a vampire into a human for a month or two a pureblood that is. A half blood like me would turn human for over six months and be weak like it".he said with level eyes. "How do you know all this?".his father set his hands on the table only now listening to his son fully. Joey was nice and all but he never spouted nonsense. He is serious in serious matters.
"Her scent is...addictive. Heavenly so much that it is almost like a drug. I had no choice but follow her around like a love sick puppy. One day she fell from the bleachers,injured herself and bleed. The scent that hit me. It was only by pure will that I kept myself from lunging at her. My fangs were hidden in my mouth. I cleaned her wounds . Very quickly for her to notice I drank from the wound closing it effectively but the blood was the best I ever had but I grew week. The weeks that followed I did not heal quickly. I tire easily. I was human for around six months the first year I met Alex . I knew that so I pledged to protect her for as long as I live. But that clown you all call prince has quite the appetite ,so I am worried. At the same time amazed he survived this long without ripping her jugular open . If he hurts her so help me this time I will not hold back. I will destroy him."Joey seethed. His eyes glowing green and his fangs extended without his knowing.
His father noticed his angry countenance.  He sighed.
"On Friday you can visit your lady love. I hope she is not your mate because if so ,you are going to have to fight tooth and nail to set her free from our world. Even then ,she will hate you for what you are . Are you sure she is worth all of this?"He asked.
"Yes father. She is".he said seriously.
Then he left.
Alex stood up from the sofa and went to her room. Got on the bed and collapsed on top of the sheets.
Her mother saw her sleep. They went to the kitchen.
"Honey what do you think is wrong?"her father asked.
"I honestly do not know. Why would she be so afraid of Xander. He was here earlier and they seemed to be getting  along. Paranormal activity. I just ....it is beyond me".She said leaning against the counter.
"Manina she said. And Maltabella all these names are strange".her father said.
"Yes. But hopefully Joey's words will comfort her for a while . After all they love each  other ."her mother teased to lighten the mood.
"I don't know I think it is one sided. Alex loves him like that but Joey looks like the type of guy that  loves on a deeper level . I don't think Alex knows though. She is ignorant of his true feelings for her. He knows she does not know so does not make an attempt to change that either".he mused.
"Yeah. A cute guy like that does not just hang around for nothing ".her mother agreed.