Chapter 13

Xander teleported to the city's urge. He could not breathe properly. He got on the cliff overlooking the city. He saw the boulder and punched it ,many times and it gave way under the onslaught to become dust and debris. He looked at his bleeding knuckles . They hurt bad. They are healing though, rather slowly. Her blood still on his tongue.  He gripped his hair. In agitation he uprooted a tree and threw it high up in the sky. It landed in the highway below causing cars to congest and a large truck to brake at an awkward angle making it tumble down the hill,cars bumping into each other. Usually this type of bloodbath would make him excited ,now it did not even distract him. Looking down at his subjects he could discern Alex's heart beat.
Alex is his mate? How? She is not his type. Too innocent and naive and hundreds of years younger. He could feel his connection to her is stronger now. The urge to be with her  right now is just almost suffocating. He won't  give in to such.
He teleported to his private apartment and got into new clothes then got teleported to his room in Transylvania. A startled yelp and movement made him notice his company. Grandmother Raxyna and a maid. He had expected it to be empty.
Raxyna smiled when she realised it was only her grandson.
"Xander!".she opened her skinny arms for him to hug.
"Grams".he chuckled half heartdly.
"Martha leave us". She left after sneaking a glance at Xander.

Raxyna looked at her grandson and stated"You smell different. What is that delicacy if a smell ?".she asked inhaling him in . Her blonde hair glinting with her green eyes . She was young looking. She looked forty,forty five, Sofia Vergera forty five looking.
"That smell is blood. And according to my mother it is my .......mate's scent. "he sighed dejectedly.
Horrified ,yet happy Raxyna asked",Have you mated yet? This is great news ,now you can remove that human girl your parents claim to be their heir".she scowled a little.
He snorted.
"No I did not mate with her,nor am I planning to."

"Why ?" she asked."They only occur once and that is it. For eternity it is just you and her only–".
He cut her off.
"My parents new heir is she. And she is human!".he snapped.

Her mouth open wide.
"H-how is it possible ,how did you know ?".she asked.

"I didn't. I just could not hurt her the way I usually do. I  get irritated when other men touch her. I get angry when she is hurt. I had no urge to kill her,I have to sleep near her every time to avoid snapping her neck on half when I see her again. I tried to kill her today but as soon I drank her blood ,I could not continue.  Mom and dad got in and told me she is mate. Come on guys ,I am so young ,I do not want a mate!".he screamed pulling on his hair. He sat down by the fireplace. Staring off into space.

Raxyna sighed . She sat next to him.
"Whether you hate her or not. Putting distance between each other only hurts each other more. You are going to love her whether you like it or not. Maybe you do already".she said putting a hand around his shoulder.
He breathed heavily.
"Can I stay here for a while?".he asked.
"Yes,but putting distance will hurt you".she said.
"Why would  the distance hurt him?".asked a deep voice. In the room stood a tall man with black hair and cleanly shaven hair and extended fangs. Red eyes.
"Grandfather ".Xander said.
He took one look  at his grandson and sighed dejectedly after smelling his scent.
"You found her".he said .
"Yeah". Xander groaned.
"Well,who is she ,did you mate yet?".he asked joyfully.
Raxyna told him everything through the mate bond.
"I can hear you guys you know".he rasped.
"How?"asked Daeryon .
"I have abilities."he teleported to the other side of the room and back. Then teleported to Alex's room,took her picture and came back.
"That is her".he gave his grandparents her photo and sat down on the bed.

"Wow,what a beauty".commented grandma.
"Do you like her?".he asked.
"I don't have a choice in the matter. But she has. Derek ,Joey,George,Drakos ,a lot of them. Especially Joey."he seethed.
"Someone is jealous".her grandma said amusedly. Casting her a dark look.
His phone rang.
"What?". He barked.
"Xander! How could you. I leave alone for five hours with Alex you try to rip her jugular open? She is not your meal. I thought you would have figured it out long ago that she is your mate–"he cut his mother off.
"Mother is she dead?".he asked.
"No,but–".
"Then there is nothing to talk about. I will keep Michael in the loop. Bye".
"Xander where ar–".he hung up.
He looked at his grandparents and said".I need answers . My mate is not convincingly human. What or who is Manina and Maltabella. And who aside from me can teleport. Cause this person teleported Alex two days ago across the school grounds. She is talking to invisible entities and–".he was cut off.
"Hang on boy,you say Manina,Maltabella and teleportation . It couldn't be. It can only  mean....",he looked at his shaken wife.
"Dracula".they both said.
He sucked in air.
"She is being stocked by thee Dracula?"he asked his black aura escaping him his eyes red. His fangs extended. He looked away from them and thought of Alex. Then his power reeled in . He breathed in slowly and out.
He turned around as if nothing happened. They were surprised at his will power . But shocked when he started bleeding from his eyes and nose.
Xander cursed.
"Damn ,I have to see Alex soon or I will combust".he  wiped himself.
"Why have you not healed yet?".she asked looking at the wounds on his hands.
"Alex's blood weaken vampires. Half bloods become human,I get delayed healing. I just made a mountain my punching bag after finding out that ,that annoying ,naive clingy shirt stealer ,crazy genius and irritant of mine to no ends is my freaking mate. And she is bloody virgin which is good but not great."he said.
"Wow"they said.