"How could I forget my bestfriend?"

Dear Yuzuru,

September 27, 2013

Hey Yuzuru! I just finished my doctors appointment and it went okay. The doctor's said that the cancer is stable and isn't growing right now which is good! The doctors keep pushing me towards treatment, but I still haven't decided. I don't want to live my life in a hospital. I want to live my life doing what I want and spending as much time with you. The season is starting soon and you're perfecting your programs. I think you can win the Olympics with these programs. You're having a hard time landing your quad salchow, but I know that you will land it perfectly in every competition. Anyway, I still haven't told you how I feel about you. I'm guess I'm just scared. Everyone knows about my crush for you, except you. I really want to tell you, but it's hard. I know you only see me as your best friend and I guess I'm afraid if I tell you how I feel and you don't feel the same, it'll ruin our friendship. I don't want to loose you. Well, I'm tired and I'm going to visit you at the rink tomorrow. Can't wait to see you practice! Bye!

You fold the letter and put it in an envelope. You lick it and seal it. You put the letter in your drawer and write his name on it. You sighed as you leaned back in your chair. You close your eyes as the memories start to flow.

You were born in America and moved to Sendai, Japan when you were 5 years old. In the summer of 2003 when you were 7, you asked your parents to try a sport and you chose figure skating. When you first entered the rink, you were mesmerized by the skaters. The way the glided across the smooth surface of ice. Then you saw him. Yuzuru Hanyu. You've seen him on the news and the media occasionally followed him since he was a rising athlete. You did have a low-key crush on him at the time even though you never talked to him. In fact, you never said a word to him until a couple of months after you started to try skating. You remember the date exactly. November 30, 2003. You were practicing a double-toe-loop and you fell pretty hard. You were so embarrassed and you were covered in ice. It hurt pretty bad and you wanted to cry. Then, you heard a small voice.

"Are you okay?" The voice asked

You looked up and saw a Japanese boy with a mushroom haircut. He put his hand out and helped you up.

"I'm fine" you replied dusting the ice off of you

You realized that it was none other than the boy you had a small crush on. Yuzuru. You remember feeling so embarrassed.

"I can't believe I just fell on my butt in front of him" You thought

"Be careful next time" Yuzuru said as he smiled

"I will" You replied as you smiled back

"I'm Yuzuru. What's your name?"

You tell him your name and ended up talking with him for the rest of the day. Before you knew it, you and him talked everyday at the rink and you both went to the same school. You and Yuzuru talked and hung out almost everyday. You were the best of friends. However, 2 years later, you moved to Toronto, Canada. You left him with no explanation. You wanted to tell him, but you didn't. You never thought you would ever see him again. That is, until 5 years ago when you were 12. Your family went to visit Japan and the entire time going there, you only thought about Yuzuru.

"He probably forgot about you." You thought during the plane ride there.

You asked your parents if you could visit the Sendai rink and that was the first place you went to. You didn't even go to the hotel. You looked at the time and knew he would be practicing. You walked in and looked around. There he was. He grew so much from the last time you saw him. You remembered that you felt like you couldn't breathe. He took off on a triple axel and landed it not perfectly, but still good. You smiled and how much better he was. You saw Coach Nanami and she saw you. She whispered something and Yuzuru turned his head. His eyes meeting yours for the first time in 5 years. Coach whispered something else to him as he started to skate to skate towards the exit. He put his guards on and walked towards you. Your breathing picked up and you walked towards him.

"Umm.. hi Yuzuru. You probably don't remember me but my name is-" You were cut off when he grabbed you and pulled you into his arms

"How could I forget my bestfriend?" He asked as you felt the tears form in your eyes

You only stayed in Japan for a couple weeks until you went back home to Canada. You hung out with Yuzuru everyday and caught up with him. You exchanged numbers and from then, you would call, text and video chat with him everyday. Even though you couldn't seem him physically, you were still able to talk to him which was fine by you. You would watch every competition online and cheered him on. Your feelings still remained and you never bothered telling him.

Right after the World Figure Skating Championships in 2012, You remember Yuzuru calling you to tell you the "good news". He told you that he decided to move to Toronto to train with Brian Orser. You remember almost crying tears of joy, but you asked him if he was okay with moving to a foreign country where he could speak minimal english. However, he knew Brian would lead him to a gold medal and help his quads. You were so happy that you and him would be reunited once again. You thought things were perfect until a year ago when you were diagnosed with cancer.

So I literally wrote this a month ago and I didn't really want to post it because I was afraid that like it wouldn't be as good as the one's written by claire, tracy, ri, etc on tumblr but now I'm like ehhhhh yolo am i right ladies. Anyway, I haven't wrote a fanfiction in FOREVER and yeah you can judge me, but I had this idea for the longegst time. I'll update maybe this weekend or next week depending if people want me to continue writing. Anyway bye everyone!