"It's November 30th"

You wake up and you go downstairs to see your mom drinking coffee.

"Good morning" You say as you kiss her on the cheek and go to pour yourself some coffee as well.

"Morning, sweetie. What are your plans today?"

"Nothing. Probably just going to stay at home"

"I see... no rink today?"

"Nahh.. I'm sure Yuzuru is sick of me already" You say and take a sip of your coffee.

"Since you're not doing anything today, can you pick up some groceries? I have to go to work soon" She says and flips the page of the newspaper

"Yeah.. sure" You say

"Oh look! They are talking about Yuzuru" She says and shows you the newspaper

You look at it and they are basically talking about his second place finish in France. You remember video chatting with him that night after his second place finish a couple of weeks ago.

"Hey! Good job!" You say to him

"I got second place. Again." He says with a frown on his face

"Nothing is bad with second. You did amazing!"

"I don't know what happened. I was sure I could catch up with him in the free. I can't believe he beat me again. I have to beat him at the Olympics" He says while shaking his head

"I'm sure you can"

"My quad salchow was so bad. I didn't even jump. I tried being relaxed, but it's so hard. I tense up every time before the jump. My quad toe was bad too. It was just a really bad program"

"Well, it's still early in the season. You just need to make some adjustments and I'm sure you'll be fine" You say trying to be encouraging

"Well, I'm going. Bye sweetie" Your mom says as she closes the door.

You walk over to the counter to see a list of groceries. You grab it and change your clothes and head out. You're out for a while and you also go shopping while you're at it. You get home and you're exhausted. You quickly go to sleep. About 2 hours later, you hear a knock on the door. You look at the time and wonder who it could be. You go downstairs and open the door and your mouth opens. You see Yuzuru wearing a dress shirt and slacks with a dozen of roses in his hand. You look at him and you don't say anything.

"Hey. Sorry I didn't tell you I was coming. I was wondering if you wanted to go to dinner tonight?" He asks

"Umm.. what's the special occasion?" You ask, totally ignoring his question

"It's November 30th" He says quietly

It hits you. It was the 10 year anniversary since you met Yuzuru. And you totally forgot.

"Some bestfriend I am" You think

"Oh my god. I'm such a bad friend" You say while face palming yourself

"No you're not. You just forgot. It's okay... But can I come in? It's kinda cold" He says

"Of course!" You tell him and take the roses from him. You put it in a jar and you looked at them. They were beautiful and were your favorite flower. He knew you so well.

"I'm so sorry. I'm horrible and stupid. I don't know how I could've forgot! I've been looking forward to this day for a long time" You say while sitting next to him on the couch

"It's okay. I know there's a lot on your mind. So... did you want to go?" He asks

"Of course. Just wait a bit. I'll get ready" You go back up to your room. You shower and change into a black dress that you just bought today. It was strapless and it flared out on the bottom. You did your makeup, straightened your hair and put on your favorite necklace. You put on a pair of black high heels, but you were still were shorter than Yuzuru. You walk back downstairs to see Yuzuru still sitting on the couch. You clear your throat and he turns around and stands up. His face lights up and smiles.

"You look beautiful" Yuzuru says which causes you to blush.

"No I don't..." You say while looking down

"Yes you do. You always do" He says and you two leave to go to your favorite restaurant.

--------

You guys get back to your house and he walks you up to your door. Your mom must be home since the lights are on.

"Thanks for tonight. It was really fun. I'm really sorry for not remembering." You say as you hug him

"That's okay. Just don't forget next year" He laughs and so do you.

Then you stop. Your smile fades away because you realize,

"I won't be alive next year" You think

He releases you and looks at you. You're no longer smiling, but frowning.

"Are you okay?" He asks

"Yeah... I'm fine" You lie and feel the tears forming.

"Whenever you're ready, you can tell me what's been bothering you" He says

"I know. I will. Anyway, thank you again for tonight." You hug him again.

"I'm so glad I met you." He whispers which causes you tear up even more.

"I can't wait for another 10 years of memories" He whispers again and at this point, the tears are falling.

"I think you mean 5 months" You think

"Okay. Goodnight. I'll text you later" You say while looking down and you go into your house. You start to hear him say something, but you close the door before you can hear what he says.

------

Dear Yuzuru,

November 30, 2013

I'm an idiot. I completely forgot about today. How did I forget? I was looking forward to this day for a long time. Maybe you're right. I do have a lot on my mind. When you came to my house with the roses, I was so shocked. But, it was the sweetest thing that anyone has done for me. Tonight was perfect. Until, we got back and it was over. I know this will probably be the last time we will celebrate our best friend anniversary together. You have to celebrate it without me. I can't believe I only have 5 months to live and spend with you. It seems like it will go by so fast. I hope it feels like forever. I'm so glad I met you 10 years ago. It was the best day of my life, next to today. The Grand Prix Final is coming up in a week or so and I get to go with you! You're also staying up there until Japan Nationals with your family and I get to stay in Japan too. You're so determined to beat Patrick this time around and I know you can do it. I always believe in you. Love you xoxo.

------------

Ugh I'm so sorry for the delay! I've been really busy and I know I said I would update yesterday, but this past weekend was crazy since it was 4th of July. I hope you guys like this chapter. Can you imagine getting a knock on the door and seeing Yuzuru? That would be cute. Thanks so much for 800+ reads! You guys are amazing! Also, thank you for the votes, comments and feedback. I'm still not sure myself how this story will end. I'm still deciding, but yeah. Enjoy! (: