"Was he jealous?"

You get to New Brunswick and you all travel to the hotel. You were staying by yourself in a room, but you didn't mind. When you get into the hotel room, all you could do was read the interview over and over again. It had to be you. You didn't know anyone else that knew him as long as you or someone closer to him. You wanted to ask him about it, but after the competition. Yuzuru was going to practice at the competition rink so you were going to. You were just dropping off your stuff, and heading back out. When you get to the rink, you see some skaters getting ready to go on the ice. You see skaters like Patrick, Nobu, Taka and much more. You were about to go in the stands to sit when Brian stops you.

"Hey, you wanna stay down here with me?"

"Can I? Isn't the rink side for coaches and skaters only?" You ask him

"You're an exception. Don't worry, you'll be fine" He says as he leads you down

You've never been down at the rink side before so the rink look so different from this perspective.

"The official practice for the short program begins now" The announcer on the PA system says

Yuzuru goes on the ice and starts skating. You watch him glide across the ice. You continue to watch him, but you were interrupted when a guy skates in front of you. You recognized who he was. His name was Joshua Farris and he was Yuzuru's age. He skates for America and won junior worlds last year. You never talked to him before, but you've heard of him.

"Hey there" He says and smiles

"Umm.. Hi" You return with a slight smile

"What's your name?"

You tell him your name and you look to the left to see Yuzuru staring at you guys talking.

"So what brings you here? Shouldn't you be up in the stands? I mean, I don't mind such a pretty girl being down here." He flirts and you can't help but smile like an idiot.

"Thanks. But I'm here for my friend. I got permission to stay down here"

"Oh.. Who's your friend?"

You looked to the left where you last saw him, but Yuzuru isn't there. Then, you hear the sound of skates cutting the ice behind Joshua. You see Yuzuru with his arm crossed standing behind him. Joshua turns around and says,

"Hey man. What's up?"

Yuzuru doesn't say anything and he's staring at you.

"He's... the friend" You tell Joshua

"Oh cool. Huge fan, bro" Joshua says and sticks his hand to shake Yuzuru's hand, but Yuzuru doesn't do anything.

"Ooooooookay. This is awkward so I'm going to go. See you around" Joshua says and leaves, leaving you two together.

"Um... You should probably go practice.. I think I'll go up to the-" You were cut off by him

"What were you guys talking about? What was he saying to you?" He asks with an unfamiliar tone

"Nothing. We were just talking." You say casually

"Do you like him?"

You were taken back by the question.

"What? No. I just met him. Why would you ask that?"

"He likes you"

"How do you know?" You ask

Before Yuzuru could say anything, Joshua calls out your name. You look and see him skating. He sets up for a quad toe and jumps and lands it perfectly. Everyone is clapping and he's smiling. Then, he points at you and winks. You hear Yuzuru groan next to you and he rolls his eyes.

"I know." He says and starts to skate which leaves you alone.

He sets up for his quad toe, but he jumps and falls which causes him to curse. When he falls, he looks at you with sad eyes and gets up. You look down not wanting his eyes to meet yours.

-------

After the short program, Yuzuru was in 3rd behind of Patrick and Nobu. He was so mad that he didn't land his quad as good as he wanted to and popped his triple lutz. You met him outside of the arena and you were all going back to the hotel in the same car.

"Hey, keep your head up. You'll do great the day after tomorrow" You tell him while hugging him

"Thanks. But, I really wanted to be perfect for-" Yuzuru was cut off by Joshua and you felt his arm become tigher around you, but he let go as Joshua came closer.

He calls your name and runs over to you and Yuzuru.

"Hey man, good job today." Joshua said as he put his hand on Yuzuru shoulder, but Yuzuru shrugs his hand off and looks away from him.

Joshua then turns to you and says, "Hey. I was wondering you wanted to go out right now.. maybe go eat something?"

All you could think was, "Was he asking me out on a date?" You looked over to Yuzuru and saw him still looking at the ground.

"I would love to.. but I'm kinda tired. I'm sorry" You say which is the truth, but you also didn't want to because Yuzuru was next to you and you didn't want him to think you liked Joshua.

"Oh, I got it. No worries. Next time! But, is it okay if I get your number?"

"Um... Sure" You tell him your number and he punches it in his phone and smiles.

"Thanks. I'll text you later. See you later!" He says and while walking away, he winks at you.

You turn to Yuzuru and he's now looking at you with an angry expression on his face. You ask him,

"What's wrong now?"

"I don't like him."

"Why? Did he say anything to you?" You were confused.

"No, but.. I mean.. I don't know... I just don't like him" He says while getting in the car.

You follow him into the car and the two of you sit in silence the entire ride back.

------

Dear Yuzuru,

October 25, 2013

Okay, so today was really weird. You were acting really weird and not your usual self. I mean I can understand why you were mad after the short since you didn't have a clean skate, but I didn't get why you were mad before. I also don't get why you don't like Joshua when you don't even know him. He seems really nice so I can't understand why you don't like him. I mean he's a really bad flirt, but still. When you asked me if I liked him, the tone of your voice sounded really dark and full of anger. Your face showed those same emotions as well. I really hope that I'm not the reason why you messed up on your short program. And I hope you're not mad at me because when we got to the hotel, you just went straight up to your room and said nothing to me. I know you're mad that you're in 3rd, but you just had an off day. I know that you will do really good on your free the day after tomorrow so don't stress too much on the short. I hope you know that I like you, not him. I don't even know him, but I can tell he's not my type. So please don't worry about us. Well I would write more, but I'm exhausted. Love you xoxo

You put the envelope, write his name on it and put it in your suitcase. "Why was he acting like that?" You thought and then it hit you.

"Was he jealous?"

-------

So if you guys didn't know, Joshua Farris is a skater from USA and he did compete in Skate Canada so that's why I chose him and plus he is also Yuzuru's age so I was like "oooooh he would be good to use" and I think he's actually kinda cute lol you guys can look him up. Anyway, as always, feedback is really helpful! Thank you to all those sweet anons on tumblr for your kind messages about the stories. I know I don't post or reply to them, but just know that I do read them and they make me happy. Thanks everyone and I apologize for gramatical errors ugh. Oh and I hope you like the new cover of the story!