"I'll bring back the gold medal for you"

I dedicate this chapter to my tumblr gals: fujisakiakira2, myhusbandkimjongin, hanyyuzu and theyuzuphoniumist! 

---------------------------

You turn around, breaking lose for the arms of the person, but you already know who's behind you.

"What are you doing here?" You ask

"I came to visit you. I thought you were mad at me so I wanted to talk to you... Your mom said it was alright for me to go up to your room"

"Yeah... But... Obviously, now isn't a good time"

"I can see that. Are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

"I can't.."

"Why not?" Yuzuru asks while crossing his arms

"I told you before that I would tell you later"

"It's later" He says and you can tell he's a bit irritated.

"It's still too early. Listen, when I'm ready, I'll tell you. Trust me.."

He doesn't say anything, but pulls you into his arms instead

"The reason why I keep pushing you to tell me is because I hate seeing you like this" He whispers

You don't say anything, but instead, you wrap your arms around him and hold him closer.

--------

"Come on! You have to come" Yuzuru says into the phone

"I don't know, Yuzu. I'm not feeling too good" You say as you lay in your bed, staring at the ceiling while talking to him on the phone.

"Please come. I really need my bestfriend there" He pleads

He was trying to convince you to go to the airport so you could send him off, but you knew that you couldn't do it. You didn't have the strength to pull yourself to do it. You know that it could possibly the last time you ever see him in person. Ever. You thought it was just better if you didn't see him at all anymore because you knew once you saw his face, you wouldn't be able to keep yourself together. Watching him walk out of the gate to the plane would be like possibly watching him walk out of your life forever.

"It might be the last time you see me-" Yuzuru starts to say, but you cut him off

"What? I- What do you mean by th-that?" You stutter

"I was going to say, before you cut me off, that it might be the last time you see before I'm an Olympic champion" Yuzuru says and you can just picture him smiling.

"Oh..." is all you could say. You had to stop being so paranoid

"What did you think I was going to say?" He asks

"That it would be the last time we would ever see each other" You blurt out and as soon as it came out of your mouth, you mentally slapped yourself. It just came out of your mouth.

"Why would I say that?" He asks

"Umm.. I don't know. It just sounded like you were about to say that"

"Oh.. Don't worry. It won't be the last time. So... does that mean you're coming?"

"I don't know, Yuzuru..." You say

"Pleeeeeeeeease? I need my best friend to be there or else I'll be sad and lose the Olympics" He says

Was he seriously going to blame you for not coming to the airport for the reason he lost the Olympics?