"I guess we're just not that close anymore"

"Honey! Brian and Yuzuru are going to be here any minute!" Your mom yells to you from downstairs.

"Coming!" You yell back and you grab your suitcase and walk downstairs. You were going to Japan for the Grand Prix Final with Yuzuru. You were really excited, but your mom was the exact opposite. She was totally against the idea of you traveling without her because she knew that something could happen to you anyday. However, you reassure her that everything will be alright since Brian and Mrs. Hanyu always keep a close eye on you.

You're downstairs for a couple of minutes when you hear a knock on the door. You open it to see Brian and Yuzuru in the car.

"Ready?" He asks and grabs your suitcase.

"As I'll ever be" You reply and kiss your mom goodbye and walk to the car.

"Hi" Yuzuru says while smiling

"Hey. Ready to go back home?" You ask as you get into the car

"Yup. I can't wait to skate in front of my home country" He replies and Brian drives to the airport.

-----

You and Yuzuru are sitting next to each other on the plane while Brian is sitting in front of you guys. You're reading The Fault in the Stars and Yuzuru is watching a video on his IPod. Things seemed to be going fine, and that's when the most painful headache occurred. You winced in pain and tried massaging your temples, hoping that would help with the pain.

"Hey, are you okay?" Yuzuru asks and takes out his earphones.

"Yeah. I just have a headache from reading too much" You lie (again).

"Oh, you should close your eyes. It will help" He suggested

"You're right." You say as you put away your book and grab your phone to play music. You put in your earphones and close your eyes. You start playing your music, but you see Yuzuru say something. You take out your earphones.

"Sorry, I couldn't hear you. What did you say?" You ask him.

"I said, if you wanted, you could lean your head on my shoulder" He says, but started to become softer as he said the sentence.

"Oh... okay. Thanks" You say as you lean your head on his shoulder. You put your earphones in, close your eyes and before you could start your music, you hear him say,

"She's so cute"

You smile and drift into sleep.

------

Yuzuru shakes you and calls your name which causes you to wake up. You open your eyes and the plane has stopped moving. You look outside the window to see that you were in Japan and it was raining. You walk off the plane and go to exit the airport, when you see a lot of cameras taking pictures. There are news reporters and fans screaming Yuzuru's name. You look at Yuzuru to see him bowing and smiling. He waves to the fans which cause them to scream. You always took advantage of how close you were to Yuzuru, but you knew girls would kill to be in your position. Brian, Yuzuru and you continued to walk to the exit and went into the car.

"Wow that was really crazy" You say

"I know" Yuzuru replies

"I can't believe how popular you are. Who would've thought you'd be this famous?" You say

"I'm not that famous..."

"Well, you will be when you win the Olympics" You say while smiling which causes him to smile.

-----

You watch him talking to Brian as Maxim Kovtun was getting his score. He was was about to skate in a minute or so and you were getting really nervous. You knew how bad he wanted to beat Patrick and you wanted him to win so bad. This short program, was so important. They announced his name and he pushes off the wall and skates to the middle. You see him whisper something and gets into his beginning pose. The music starts, he sets up for his quad toe. You hold your breath while he jumps and he lands it perfectly. You almost jump out of your seat. He jumps his triple axel, it's perfect. His triple lutz-triple toe combination, it's amazing. The entire program was one of his best. When he was finished, you immediately jump out of your seat and clap. When he gets his score, it's a new world record. 99.84. He was so close to a 100 and he was beating Patrick. You went back to the hotel right after Yuzuru got his score because you were feeling a little sick. You were drifting off into sleep, when you heard a knock. You open the door to see Yuzuru smiling. You almost jump into his arms.

"You did amazing! I'm so proud of you!" You say

"Thanks. I tried being as relaxed as possible" He replies and let's go of you

"Now, you can't lose focus for tomorrow. You have to do your best" You say as you go to sit on the bed and Yuzuru follows.

"I know. At least I have some kind of lead. I can actually beat him" Yuzuru says

You just nod your head and smile. He looks behind of you to look at your desk.

"What is that?" He asks referring to the papers on the desk.

You turn your head to see the letters for him on the desk. They are already in their envelopes and they have his name on it.

"Oh.. Umm.. Those are- I mean-" You stammer as you quickly rush to the desk to put the envelopes in your bag on the desk.

You turn around to see Yuzuru with a confused look.

"What were those papers? Were those letters?" He asks

"No. I mean like they were nothing. It's not important. Well, it's late. You should rest for tomorrow" You say as you walk to the door and open it.

"Umm.. okay.." He says and goes out the door, but before he can close it. He turns to you again and says,

"I just really hate how you've been hiding things from me lately. I guess we're just not that close anymore" and closes the door.

You close your eyes and lean your back against the door. You stand there for a few seconds. But then, you slide down to the ground and sigh.

-----

Dear Yuzuru,

December 5, 2013

You did an amazing job in your short program today! You got a 99.84! A new world record! I'm so proud of you. The smile on your face when you saw the score just made me so happy. I know you're going to do amazing at the free. I know you can land your salchow. I mean, you said you would land it for me, but haven't so far in your competitions. I hope you can be relaxed and listen to what I said. Oh, and you almost saw the letters I've written to you. Of course, I couldn't tell you because that would also mean telling you about the cancer which is something I still don't want to do. I think I'll tell you after the Olympics or maybe Worlds if you decide to compete. When I lied about the letters , you got mad at me. You said that I keep hiding things from you. I couldn't even disagree because it's the truth. I want to tell you. Believe me, I truly do. It's just the timing of everything sucks so I don't want to distract you. I hope you're still not mad at me. I hate it when you're mad and I really hate it when I'm the reason. You should always be happy and smiling. Anyway, see you tomorrow. Love you xoxo.

------------

Sorry this was such a bad chapter. I had a bit of writers block so it's a little disorganized. Sorry! Anyway, I had my first driver's ed clcass today and it was so boring I was dying. The class was like 6 and a half hours and it was so boring omfg. Thank God my bestfriend is taking the class with me because if she didn't, it would've been really awkward. Okay, I guess I'll go now. Bye

Instagram: yuzu_michael
Tumblr: yuzuru-michael.tumblr.com