He did it

"Bye, honey! I'll be back soon!" Your mom says as she heads towards the front door

"Wait, what? Where are you going?" You turn around as you're sitting on the couch.

"I'm going to go out with my friends. I'll only be out for a little while"

"You're going to miss Yuzuru's performance!" You yell back out to her

"Just text me how he does. Oh, and Patrick too! Bye!" She says as she yells back to you and closes the door

You roll your eyes because you know that your mom had a low-key crush on Patrick which you thought was weird yet funny.

You sat on the couch while hugging the pillow to your chest. You kept playing with your necklace that he gave. You were watching and the competition seemed pretty good. Then, you watched as the 4th group was warming up which is the group Yuzuru was in and he would skate first after the warmup. After a few commercial breaks and switching to other sports, you see Yuzuru shaking hands with Brian and nodding his head. He pushes off the wall and skates to the middle. He gets into his beginning pose and your heart is beating so fast and the butterflies in your stomach are so intense. You were so scared, but you wanted him to do good. He starts and you watch as he sets up for his quad toe and you are holding the pillow up to your face, but you can still see. You bite your lip as he jumps and he lands it perfectly. You scream and stand. You continue standing as he does his spins. He then jumps his triple axel and it's perfect. You jump up and down and you're smiling like crazy. He then jumps his triple lutz-triple toe combination and it was way better than the week before at the team event. You watch as he does his step sequence and as he skates close to the judges, he gives them one of his killer smiles. You smile as he must've remembered what you said last week to him. He does his lunge move and like always, the crowd screams and cheers. He does his final spin and pose and you're clapping and yelling. You couldn't be prouder of him. The tears of happiness was back and you couldn't hold them in. He skated off the ice and hugged Brian. He seemed so happy and you heard him say, "I did it!" in English which made your heart melt. As he sat at the K&C, you knew he had to get a new WR. This performance was better than the one in Fukuoka for the GPF. He got a 101.45 and you screamed. After all the skaters went, Yuzuru was in first, but Patrick wasn't too far behind. He was only 4 points behind Yuzuru, so he could still catch up to Yuzuru. You texted your mom and of course, she was sad, but happy for Yuzuru.

-------

(Next day)

"Too bad Yuzuru wasn't here today. You could've confessed your love to him since it's Valentines Day" She says from the dining room which was like 10 feet away from the living room so you could still hear her.

"Mom! Shut up!" You yell at her and turn around

She laughs, "What? Come on! Today would've been perfect! Oh, and wouldn't it have been cute if he gave you flowers again?"

"That wouldn't happen because he doesn't even like me. He only did that because we're FRIENDS" You say while emphasizing the 'friends' part

You watch as she shakes her head while smiling.

"Honey, are you that oblivious?" She says and you don't say anything so you turn around to face the tv and continue watching the men's free. Since Yuzuru was in first place after the short, you knew he would be in the last group so it would take a while. However, you watched as the camera showed Yuzuru once again, shaking hands with Brian. Like yesterday, you hugged a pillow to your chest. Instead of playing with your necklace, you kiss it and whisper, "Good luck" while staring at him on tv. He seemed calm which was a good sign. Patrick would be skating right after him, so you know that would also be in his mind. As he starts, you feel more nervous than yesterday. Now, everyone knows what's he's capable of. He is "the man to beat." This program always makes you sad for some reason, but you always felt a connection to it. It was hard to describe. The salchow was first and you wondered if he was really going to land it.