PROLOGUE

The world is in chaos; people running, screaming, and fighting for their lives. Smoke is everywhere but I can't even hear any siren nor gunshots coming from the police.

Why is this happening? Is the world really ending? Yesterday was just as normal as it was. But now, it feels like hell.

"LEI!" I stopped running as I heard that voice behind me. I turn around seeing Lauren run towards me. Everything is moving so slow, my heart is pounding so fast seeing all the monsters chasing us.

Lauren suddenly shoved me to the side making me lose control and fell to the ground. I felt someone grab my shoulders and lifted me up. I opened my eyes and saw the monsters from afar but for some reason, they stopped chasing us.

Wait, what are they doing? Are they eating someone? But who is it? I looked around and the only one that's missing is Lauren. I look straight into Aaron's eyes but he looked away.

I stared at everyone's faces but they can't look at me. I once again looked at the monsters and I saw one monster chomping on an arm. I stared closely at it and I saw something familiar.

T-That bracelet... No... my knees started to shake and tears run down my cheeks. I fell on my knees sobbing.

"N-No... this is not happening," I whimpered. I stood up and glanced to the survivors, they are all looking at me with a very weird expression that looks like I have done something wrong.

"It's all your fault," the tall man wearing a black coat said, clenching his fist and started to walk towards me.

What? No, I didn't do some... Wait there's no voice coming out of my mouth. I tried to shout but it's not working.

Everyone starts blaming me, walking towards me while holding different kinds of weapons. Saying "It's your fault" again and again. Why did they put the blame on me?!

They started to chase me so I tried to escape. As I turn myself around, there is a girl standing right in front of me. I quickly halted; my eyes widened covering my mouth. Her face was torn apart full of scratches, bites, and blood. It was Lauren.

"Lei.." She uttered. Her cold voice made me shiver down my spine. Her lips formed a sickening grin making my heart race even more. I want to hug her so bad but I have this odd feeling inside of me that I should run away from her.

I don't know why but my body suddenly moved by itself walking closer to her. And all of a sudden, Lauren quickly grabbed my shoulders and viciously attacked me. It's too late for me to shout. I saw myself lying on the floor; lifeless, covered in blood, and nothing but a regale to my best friend.

I wake up, heart racing; breathing heavily and was covered in sweat. Thank God it was just a dream. I looked at my digital alarm clock but it's still four in the morning.

I hugged my teddy bear and closed my eyes until I fall asleep.

ⓔⓝⓓⓔⓡ