Chapter 20

A young girl, who was new to the school, was busy coloring a flower that she drew on a piece of paper while she joyfully hums her favorite song

A young girl, who was new to the school, was busy coloring a flower that she drew on a piece of paper while she joyfully hums her favorite song. The other kids inside the room were also busy with their works but a boy suddenly took the red crayon from her grip.

"Hey, that's mine," the young girl said with a mellow and innocent voice and tried to get her crayon but the boy won't give it back to her.

"Everything I touch is mine!" The boy stuck his tongue out making the little girl's eyes get watery. The boy was about to walk away but another girl with blonde hair, who looks tough, suddenly grabs the boy's hand.

"Give that crayon back to the new kid," the blonde girl commanded that made the boy immediately dropped the crayon on the floor as terror overtook his face. The blonde girl let the boy go and handed the crayon to the new girl.

"I don't really like that kid," the blonde girl rolled her eyes while the new girl just chuckled, "I'm Lauren by the way," she added and extended her arms.

The new girl shakes the blonde girl's hand and smiled "Leiloni."

"Wow, what a beautiful name!" The blonde girl exclaimed full of amusement on her face and the new girl just giggled, "let's be friends!"

Both of them exchanged smiles. It was that day that Leiloni has made a friend, a friend that made her feel like a family.

Leiloni's POV

Slowly, I opened my eyes seeing an empty ceiling above me. I felt something covering my right eye so I tried to touch it but it only made me groan as I felt a sudden sting and caused me dizziness. I noticed that I am inside a room with walls painted in white, laying on a soft bed but a bloodstain on the white sheets made my heart start pounding. I immediately sat on the bed and wandered my eyes around the room and realized that I'm inside the school clinic but I was the only person inside.

I tried to calm myself and sauntered towards the water dispenser to get me something to drink to quench my thirst and gulped three glasses of water. I've never been this thirsty since that day I joined a marathon and hell I can still feel that my mouth was parched so I tried to gargle a glass of water.

As I spit the water from my mouth back to the cup I was holding, a shadow coming from outside suddenly passed by the window in front of me but I don't know what it is since the window was covered with a thin white curtain. My heart started to race again as the doorknob of the door beside me suddenly rattled making me took a step back.

The door creaked open and I was totally ready to throw the cup that I was holding but in surprise, the one who opened the door was someone I know.

"Aaron?" I said with my shaky voice staring at his face that was full of bruises. If I'm not mistaken, he got those bruises from Troy.

"L-Lei... you're awake," he said and his face looks completely surprised, "you almost gave me a heart attack," he chuckled. Well, you almost gave me a heart attack too, a knock would be nice you know. I noticed that he's alone so I asked him about Troy, "he went to the cafeteria to get something to eat."