Chapter 21

Leiloni's POV

Leiloni's POV

Paralyzed, confused, and terrified.
All of us, no, what I felt was beyond such mere nouns. We don't know what caused it, we don't know how to fight it, and we don't even know what to do.

The sound of the car alarms, it finally stopped and the only thing that I can hear is my heart pounding almost getting out of my chest. Someone suddenly grabbed my hand and we started running towards an old looking red car and hid behind it so that the monster won't spot us. I don't know if this is a great idea but we have nowhere else to go. Though part of me wanted for us to run away, yet I know that we hadn't come this far too flee just yet. We can't go back to the clinic now, we are already here at the parking lot so we need to get to the school bus for us to get out of here, but how?

I turned my gaze at them and all of them were panting while covered in sweat and faces filled with fear. I slowly peeked to take a look where the monster is and I saw it standing not so far from where we're hiding. It was roaming its head around and from the looks of it I think it's trying to find something, maybe it's trying to find us. But it can't see since its eyes were covered in white and only noise can make it detect us.

"Why does she look so familiar?" Kellie asked but I just ignored it.

"Is she somehow connected to you?" Aaron wondered.

"Guys we should really lower our voice or else that monster will find us here," I whispered while looking at them and they just apologized so I turned my gaze back to the monster.

"Oh right! Now I know why that monster looks familiar," Kellie said in low voice, "she's my classmate. Her name is Emilee Rose Rodriguez and we live on the same street."

I turned around looking at her and asked. "Do you know what happened to her?"

"No, but what I know is that a week ago she got sick and have started to ignore us and stayed away from all of us, from all of her friends. She was like locked up on their house and her parents told us that they will send her to the Philippines, the home country of Emilee's mother. But I was totally surprised after seeing her on the first day of school and she sure did change a lot."

I turned my gaze back to the monster and it was still roaming its head around. Hmm... How are we going to get to that school bus? Someone sneezed behind me making the monster look at our direction so I immediately lowered my head with my heart started to race again.

"Sorry," Kellie whispered rubbing her nose and her face suddenly contorted holding on to her chest, it must be the wound on her chest tingling after she sneezed.

The monster growled so loud then followed by huge footsteps going towards us as the ground rumbles making the cars and trees shake. All of us started to panic making Troy and Aaron cover Kellie and Angel's mouth because they were starting to whimper. One more noise and were totally fucked up. I found a medium-sized rock just below the car and an idea popped up into my mind. I immediately picked it up and threw it on the other side hitting the black luxurious car making a loud crashing noise.