Chapter 12

Leiloni's POV

Leiloni's POV

"Infected? W-What do you mean?" Troy asked still catching his breath with his eyebrows furrowed.

Infected? So is there some kind of disease going on around our city without us even knowing? I looked at all of their faces and I can tell that they are not joking. No one dared to say something until an alarm rang and echoed the whole room. Kevin took his flip phone out of his pocket and turned the alarm off then the whole room is again covered in silence.

"Kids, it's already 5:45 in the morning, we need to get going," Kevin commanded but no one moved.

"Can someone please explain to us what is going on here?" I asked and leaned my back on the wall, started rubbing my forehead because all of these episodes of revelations are making my head want to explode. I looked at them one by one but all of them just stared at the ground.

"So no one's talking, fine! Untie Melissa right now and let's get going. We will get out of this school and find my dad, maybe he knows a cure for whatever virus she has," I picked up my bag and packed some useful stuff inside but I noticed that the only one who's moving was me and Troy. I stopped what I was doing and walked towards Melissa but before I could even reach her Aaron hold a grip on my hand and tried to stop me. I looked at him and his face is starting to turn red and tears started to fall on his cheeks.

His face, all the sadness in his eyes were so familiar. My heart really hurts every time I see him cry. I remembered the last time he cried was in front of me, it was last year December when he apologized to me with his knees on the ground holding my hands. But that time my heart, it was filled with nothing but anger and fear and decided not to forgive him. I chose to be free than to be with someone again who lost my trust. But this time, this time it's different. I feel pity and sad as I see him cry.

And I realized, the last time I saw Aaron cry, Melissa was the main reason and now, she's still the reason behind those tears. I'm not mad, I'm not jealous, I just pity myself for being not enough for him that it made him left me and chose Melissa. But that was a long time ago and I already forgave them for that.

"Lei it's okay, I'm gonna be fine," Melissa's voice is getting low and croaky so she tried to clear her throat, "you should go without me," she added still with her croaky voice.

"No, we will not leave someone behind, my father could treat you, he has a cure for whatever virus you have right now," I said trying to convince her but it didn't. Instead, she burst into tears and so did Aaron. I want to cry too but I just don't know what the fuck is going on. I'm so confused right now for fuck's sake! Fuck!

"Lei after you left, yesterday, me and Kevin tried to find some good news on the radio that we found inside a box," Elio finally started talking so I faced him wiping the tears that started to form on my eyes, "and we did find some news, but I can't really tell if it's good or bad." I was intrigued so I stared at him while he talks. He took something out of his pocket and he handed me a voice recorder. He told me to listen to it so I quickly pushed the play button. It started with a static sound that echoed the whole room, followed by a manly voice that I can't even understand anything that he is babbling about. I moved the recorder closer to my ears and listened carefully.