Chapter 16

Leiloni's POV

Leiloni's POV

A cold breeze brushed through my skin as I saw Aaron kissing another woman. Tears started to fall down my cheeks while my face started to get warm. I closed my eyes and hoped that this is just an illusion, that I'm only hallucinating, but the moment I opened my eyes, he was still there in the park, standing on our favorite spot, not with me, but with another girl.

"Have you tried calling him?" I asked.

"We already tried but he's not answering to any of our calls."

"It's already getting late guys, we can't waste our time finding Aaron," Alexis said that made all of us look at him, "remember, we need to find Lei's dad before sundown or else those two would turn into one of those monsters," he added pointing at Michael and Elio who are starting to look pale and weak.

"I hate to admit but he's right, we need to get out of here as soon as possible," Kevin said that made all of them agree.

"Fine, let's do this," I said and all of us immediately moved our asses.

Since Alexis can't walk he will stay here inside the room with Kellie and Angel, they will keep an eye on the school bus and also to our bags. Kevin, Troy, and Elio will go to the stockroom to get some gases and firecrackers. While Michael, Audrey, Lauren, and I will go to the auditorium. We will get the large speakers and we'll put those on the stage.

As we arrived at the school auditorium, the whole place was spacious on the inside and was covered in silence that all we can only hear are our footsteps echoing all around. There are four large speakers inside and they were all placed at every corner of the auditorium. Since there are four of us we separated ourselves into two to get the speakers and place it into the stage. Lauren went with me while Michael went with Audrey.

"I notice that something is going on between you and Troy," Lauren suddenly started a topic that made me look at her and she flashed his usual grin with her eyebrows moving up and down. I just chuckled but she was too curious that she started pinching my sides.

"Alright, alright, just stop pinching me," I said chuckling. We carried the large speaker and it was totally too heavy, "that night while both of us were at the senior high building rescuing Michael, he suddenly confessed that he's in love with me." Lauren's face was in shock and asked me why I didn't tell all of this stuff to her. But I just told her that I forgot and we're too busy getting our way out of here.

Michael and Audrey were already done putting the two speakers on the stage while Lauren and I have still placed one. Well, it's not that we're chitchatting, it's all because of the distance. The speakers that Lauren and I trying to get are the ones from the backside while Micheal and Audrey were getting the speakers on the front side, that's why they finished first.

"Audrey, Michael, get the generators and try to check if it still has enough gas in it," I said since they're already done.

"Okay," Audrey briefly answered.