Chapter 10

Leiloni's POV

Leiloni's POV

Dear mom and dad,

If you're reading this I'm probably dead by now. I'm so sorry but, I can't take it anymore. Every single day I receive harsh words from other people whether friends, classmates or people that I don't know. I realized that words hurt so much than physical pain, that every time I go to bed I can't help myself but cry. I didn't share this with any of you because I don't want you guys to get worried about me. I'm tired of crying and I'm tired of everything. Well, maybe they're right about me, I'm coward, useless and weak. I'm so sorry mom and dad but I want to end this suffering, I can't continue living like this. Please don't forget how much I love you mom, dad, and please take care of Lei. Thank you for everything.

-love Adam

Those eyes... it was just like my brother. Full of sorrow and fright, I once again remembered the letter my brother have written back then, a suicide note, and how he ended his life in front of me.

"Adam what are you doing?!" I asked in terror but he just flashed me his sweetest smile and suddenly, he slit his throat using a knife. I just froze there staring at my lifeless brother, laying on the floor covered in blood. I screamed and burst into tears but no one heard me, mom and dad are not at home and I didn't even do anything to help him.

The guy on the corner of the room slowly moved the knife closer to his neck. No, don't do it. The guy looked at me with tears running down on his cheeks while I just stood there frozen.

"Michael stop... Put that knife down," Troy calmly commanded as he slowly took a step forward.

"I-I can't take it anymore..." He cried, "I-I'm scared, we're all gonna die anyway," He gripped on the knife he was holding with his hands shaking, closed his eyes and moved it closer to his throat.

"No stop! Don't do it, please... Your sister Kellie... she's waiting for you back there," I said and thankfully, he didn't continue what he was about to do, "you don't need to be scared, we're here to rescue you," he opened his eyes and dropped the knife that he was holding. He burst into tears sobbing and fell on his knees on the floor. I walked in front of him and hugged him tightly trying to comfort him.

"Ending your life is not the answer to your problem Michael... Suicide was never a solution to any problem," I patted his back as he continued to cry.

Minutes have passed and Michael already stopped crying. It's already dark outside so we decided to stay here for the night, we will not risk our lives getting out there in the dark, especially that we have a scaredy-cat in our company. We immediately called Kellie and told them some good news and she was so glad that her brother was doing great. And as for Melissa, well, they told me that she's doing fine by now but she's still taking a rest.

We decided that we will leave before sunrise so that we could leave school early in the morning. I took out all the food that I've brought from the cafeteria and shared it with Troy and Michael. I know it's not enough for the three of us but we don't have much of a choice, we need to eat something so that at least we can gain enough strength to defend ourselves from those creatures outside.