Chapter 3

Leiloni's POV

Leiloni's POV

All of us turned quiet as we stared at the wounded guy, he has scratches on his arms and I saw a small chunk of flesh missing on his chest, it looks like it was bitten off. He noticed that I was staring at it so he quickly covered it with his ripped uniform. I don't know why but I don't trust this guy. Well, it's not that I'm judging him, it's just that I want to make sure that he's not one of the crazy students out there

I looked at Troy and we both stared at each other. I know that he saw it too, the guys' wound. It is starting to get dark, I looked at the time on my phone and its already 5:58 in the afternoon. I unlocked my phone and scanned through my messages but I haven't received any messages and calls from my dad. Usually every three in the afternoon he leaves me a message or he calls me before he picks me up at school.

I am starting to get worried about him. Is this only happening in our school or is it also happening everywhere? What if... ugh stop it Leiloni, stop imagining things like that. Dad is safe and nothing happened to him. These thoughts in my head are killing me. I just can't stand here and wait for him to message me so I started to type a message for dad.

Dad where are you? Please pick me up at school. There's a little situation out here.

I pressed the send button as fast as I could and waited for it to be sent. A minute has passed but it is still sending. Why is it taking too long to be sent? Is there something wrong with the signal? I walk back and forth as I stared at my phone. It only has twenty percent of battery left and unfortunately, I don't have my backpack with me. Ugh! can this get any worse?

I stopped walking as Gerald, the new guy, coughed so loud and it made all of us look at him. He is still resting on the floor and his eyes are closed. His chest jumps as he coughs, and later on, blood started to spit out of his mouth. It made my heart beat so fast as Gerald started to move uncontrollably, the students got terrified and distanced themselves to him. Aaron, Troy and the other boys picked up their weapons and readied themselves on what will happen next.

He stopped coughing and moving but blood continuously spits out of his mouth and later on to his nose, eyes, and ears. The whole room was covered with cry and horror as we wait and watch what will happen next. One of the boys that are holding a weapon started to walk closely to Gerald but Aaron tried to stop him and he appears to be Aaron's friend. The guy insisted to get closer to Gerald so Aaron let him go.

He slowly walked towards where Gerald is, holding tight to the rusty crowbar on his right hand. I held Lauren's hands and gulped as the guy pointed the crowbar to Gerald's head. He gently poked its head but nothing happened. I think he's dead but I still feel so uneasy. The guy kneeled down in front of Gerald's body, the guy checked his pulse then slowly puts his index finger in front of Gerald's nose to check if he's still breathing.

"He's dead," he announced and turned his head to Aaron and confirmed that Gerald is already dead. I was about to believe it but something caught my attention, Gerald's right middle finger suddenly twitched. My heart skipped a beat and my hands turned cold. As far as I know, when someone is unconscious and it moved some part of its body, it is always a good sign, but this time I think it's not. And I have a really bad feeling about this.