Chapter 5

Leiloni's POV

Leiloni's POV

Troy quickly went to the wounded guy and started to examine how bad his wounds are.

"What happened?" Troy asked while looking at the guy but he didn't talk. His face grimaced as Troy tried to touch his legs.

"He was on the third floor of the grade 9 building and there are so many monsters chasing him, he has no choice but to jump than to be eaten alive. Then as he hit the floor a pointy metal bar stabbed through his right leg," His sister said. I sighed, in times like this we really need to do crazy things to survive even if we don't know the possible outcomes.

"We need to go to the clinic, I can't treat his wounds without any medical equipment," Troy is right, it would be hard for him.

"Wait, I saw the clinic outside it's right next to this room," Lauren said while Aaron walked in front of the window and peeked outside.

"We went directly here to the main building because we want to go to the clinic but we saw one monster inside it so we went inside this room instead," so that's why they're here.

"Don't worry we can manage to kill that pest. But before that we need to get rid of those monsters outside," Aaron said while still looking outside.

"How many are there?" Troy asked as he picked up his wooden bat.

"A lot of them, even if all of us will fight together we can't defeat all of them," Aaron said as he looks at us with his serious face.

All of us went quiet and tried to think of a way to get to the clinic safely. I was about to say something when a loud sound of a horn echoed from outside. All of us looked at each other and hurriedly went to the window to see who's outside. The monsters started to run and I think they're heading towards where the sound of the horn is coming from. It was from outside the school but I can't see it because the monsters are covering the gate.

"They're distracted, we should go," Aaron said.

Troy and Aaron hurriedly lifted the girl's brother so I carefully opened the door. We exited the room quietly because one single noise and we're all gonna be in danger. I opened the door of the clinic but I saw nothing. All of us hurriedly went inside, Troy and Aaron carefully placed the girl's brother on the bed. Thank god we made it here safely. Beside the bed is a white curtain stained with blood. There was a sudden banging sound on the other side of the curtain so all of us stopped from what we were doing. Aaron slowly came closer to the curtain and lifted it up.

There is one male student standing in front of a cabinet and we are facing its back. He kept on hitting his head on the large wooden cabinet locked with a metal padlock. Aaron took a step and the student suddenly faced him. His skin was pale and his eyes are so white but there is one thing that caught my attention, his mouth is covered in duct tape. He suddenly growled while veins started to show off his face.

It was about to attack Aaron but he managed to swing the crowbar quickly and smashed it to the boy's head. The boy fell hard to the ground and Aaron finished him with a hard smash on its head. Its head cracked and blood splattered all over the floor.

It was a relief but my heart is still pounding. So that's the monster the girl was talking about. Troy started to treat the wound of the girl's brother. Though my mother was a doctor, I don't have any idea when it comes to treating people's wound so I sat on the chair beside the door and let out a huge sigh. The girl sat beside me so I looked at her and smiled.

"I'm so sorry about earlier, I was just... scared and confused," I can't blame her on what she did because it's hard to trust people these days. Especially that we are stuck in this crazy situation, the people you will meet might be a friend or a foe.

"It's okay uhh–"

"Audrey," she said. "And my brother is Alexis," she added looking at his brother.

"We're getting trust issues because of what happened so I don't blame you for doing that," I chuckled and she just smiled. Troy was already done treating Alexis so I stood up and introduced myself to him.

"Each of us needs to get some medical supplies in case of emergency," Aaron said as he opened his bag.

"You're right but since the only two of you have a bag you need to fill it up with medical equipment for the meantime until we can find a bag," Troy said pointing his hands to Aaron and Melissa. Well, Troy's got a point, we don't have our backpacks with us.

"Check that cabinet, you might find some bags or something useful inside," Aaron commanded as he put some band-aids inside his bag. I walked towards the cabinet with Troy but it was padlocked.

"We need to find a key," I said holding the padlock feeling the cold metal on my hands. Troy tried to check the drawers on the table but he seems to find nothing.

I looked down and I saw the dead body of the boy laying on the floor. He's wearing a blue lanyard cord around his neck. I kneeled down in front of the body and slowly touched the cord. Carefully, I removed it out of his neck and I saw a small key on it. I checked his I.D. and his name is Oliver Buenaventura, 16 years old and a grade 10 student.

Damn, he's so attractive in this picture. I like his curly hair and he has a very charming smile, any girl would melt if they will meet this guy. I removed the key on his I.D and someone suddenly grabbed it from my grip. I looked at who it was and it was Lauren.

"Ooh la la, this guy is hot," Lauren said with her eyes almost popping out. I just chuckled and walked in front of the cabinet, "Who's this guy? Do you know him?" She asked walking towards me.

"Yeah and there he is," I said pointing my finger to the dead body laying on the floor.

"Oh, I feel so sorry for him," she said. I inserted the key on the padlock and tried if it will open, "can we look at his shaft? You know, if it's big or not," What did she just say? I looked at her and she flashed me her usual grin while moving his eyebrows up and down.

"Are you fucking insane?" I rolled my eyes and looked back on the cabinet.

"Just kidding!" She started laughing and I think she completely lost it. The padlock finally unlocked, I was about to remove it from the handle when the door of the cabinet suddenly moved followed by a banging sound from inside of it. Lauren stopped laughing and both of us slowly moved back.

"What happened?" Troy asked as he walks towards us.

"I don't know, I think something is inside that cabinet," I said as my heart started to race. Troy holds a grip on his wooden bat and carefully removed the padlock. Slowly, he opened the cabinet and was about to smash the bat that he was holding but he stopped as he saw a male student inside. His body is full of sweat and he has bloodstains on his uniform.

The guy is completely normal, but how the hell did he get there? Troy helped him on getting out of the cabinet and he carefully let the guy sat on the floor. His hands were shaking and from the looks of it, I think he just woke up from sleeping.

"What's your name?" I asked as I tried to look at his eyes. He was very uneasy and can't even look at me. Lauren lends her handkerchief to the guy and he started to wipe the sweat on his face.

"I-I'm Elio... Elio Garcia,"

ⓔⓝⓓⓔⓡ