Chapter 1

Leiloni's POV

Leiloni's POV

Have you ever dreamt about seeing yourself dying?

I just had this weird dream, I don't remember it really well though, but in my dream, we were chased by some shadows and my friends and I were running for our lives. But my best friend, Lauren, she got caught and her face was completely covered in blood and all of a sudden, she viciously attacked me as blood started to pool on the ground. I don't know if it's a good sign or not, but it really scares the shit out of me.

A knock on the door of my room made me groan and hugged my teddy bear tightly as I was still enjoying my beauty rest. But I heard the door suddenly creaked open followed by footsteps going inside my room.

"Come on Lei you'll gonna be late for school." The sound of complaints in his voice made me groan even more, so I slightly opened my eyes and as expected, it was my dad, standing beside the door holding a cup of coffee - that I can smell from here - and with his lab gown hanging on his shoulders.

I can't believe it's already the first day of school, I still haven't enjoyed my whole summer yet. I haven't even got the chance to go swimming since my dad is busy being a scientist for the whole year.

"I know, I've been busy this week sweetie but I will drive you to school to make it up to you." He explained. I sat on my bed and rolled my eyes as I suddenly remember his promise about us going to the movies but never happened because of his work. "Come on I made you breakfast, it tastes just like how mom makes it."

I chuckled at what he said that made him look at me as if I insulted him. "Come on we know you can't cook the way mom does," I said wearing my insulting facial expression while getting up from my bed. I walked towards the door slowly closing it, "I'll be there in a minute."

He gave me his warmest smile not minding the coffee foam on his newly trimmed beard. After finally closing the door, I took a deep sigh and tried not to cry as memories of my mom and brother started to flash inside my head.

After half an hour of getting ready for school, I went down to get me something for breakfast. Dad was already in the kitchen reading a newspaper while sipping a cup of coffee. I'm surprised, dad really made pancakes for breakfast. I can't help but smile because the last time I ate pancakes was the morning before mom died. I know, everything inside this house left me a tragic memory that I will carry for the rest of my life.

After breakfast, dad really did drive me to school - it was not a joke after all - I don't know what has happened but I miss this. The last time he drove us to school was the day before my brother died. It's only blocks away from our house though, so after my brother passed away I used my bicycle as transportation.