Chapter 6

Leiloni's POV

Leiloni's POV

Using the water dispenser, I filled the plastic cup, that I got from the mini-kitchen of the clinic, with cold water while staring at it until it was full. I gave it to Elio and he drank it like he never had water for months.

"Thanks," he said and gave the cup back to me. I placed it to the table beside us and sat on the chair in front of him.

"So what happened? Why are you inside that cabinet?" Lauren asked who was sitting beside me.

"That guy you guys just killed is my best friend," he pointed the lifeless body floor, "Yesterday before it all started, I went to the canteen with him and I noticed a short-haired girl, her skin was so pale and she was just standing there staring at the students who pass by," wait is that the girl from yesterday? I looked at Troy and I know that he's thinking about that girl too.

"That girl suddenly attacked one student and started to bite its arm. Everyone panicked and so did we. Luckily we escaped the canteen so we decided to call the guard. We went back to the canteen with the guard and a girl student but it was too late. Everyone has gone insane, they started attacking one another and blood was everywhere. One student covered in scratches and bites suddenly looked at us, the guard tried to warn the student as it was walking towards us but he did not listen at all and suddenly attacked us. Oliver protected me so he was the one who was scratched by the crazy student instead of me. It left a wound on Oliver's arms. Everyone is in chaos so the four of us decided to hide somewhere. We went inside the stock room but we decided to go here because his body temperature was getting higher and I thought that someone could help us here. The guard and the girl didn't follow us all the way here though because the girl was scared." He stopped talking and took the cup of water Troy gave to him.

"After we got here his wound got worse, some kind of a purple liquid was coming out of the scratch mark on his arm. And his vomit was purple as well and has a very strange odor. I told him that we should get him to the hospital but he was too stubborn. Instead, he locked me inside that cabinet and after that, I have no idea what had happened after that. But one thing I know is that he had already turned into one of them." He stood up and went to Oliver's body and caressed its hair that was covered in blood.

"Every time I make a sound he bangs the cabinet from the outside while growling. I know that he already turned into one of them, so even if it's hard for me, I accepted the fact that he's... he's gone," he looked down and went silent. I can feel his pain and it feels like someone is crushing my heart.

"Uhm Elio, we were planning on getting out of this school, you could come with us," Lauren said breaking the silence.

"Thanks, but I just wanna ask, how are we going to get out of this school alive?" Elio asked that made us all look at each other, "I mean, if we want to get out of here alive we should arm ourselves or something for protection from those vicious monsters," he added.