nine

a few days later...

"Alright Ethan are you done editing Mae's pictures?"

"Let me put them in a USB."

"How many did you even take?"

"Pffftt, a lot," I drove the USB into the keyboard and started dragging every picture in the file into the USB. I then take another for the two other ones.

I save it and then take it out. I walk over to Grayson who was sitting at his desk.

"Here," I hand him over both of the USBs.

He takes one of them and drives it into the keyboard.

I then remember about the two pictures. Both USBs I gave him were the same color, same everything.

He opened the file. "There are only two pictures here." He turns around and gives me a confused look.

"Shit I thought I put the other pictures in. Be right back," I take out the USB and put in another one.

I go back to my desk and pretend to put the pictures into the USB.

"Here you go," I walk over to Grayson who was looking at the pictures I had taken of her.

"She is bomb," he nods at her.

"Grayson, just go and deliver these to her," I throw the USB on his desk. He takes both and stands up.

"Alright well, see you in a bit, my brother," he pats my back and leaves the office.

"See you," I wait for the sound of the door closing.

I take out my phone and dial Mae.

"Hey daddy," she giggles.

"Where did that come from?" I was shocked. Not even Annalise called me that.

"Mmm I don't know, I miss you and your little friend of yours," she sighs.

"Little? I think not," I shake my head and let out a little laugh.

"Oops sorry, big friend of yours," I felt like she was smirking through the phone.

"My brother is gonna go to your place to give you the pictures I took of you," I say.

"Yes I know, he called me," she replies.

"He may try to hit on you," I began to bite my bottom lip. I was scared to hear her response to my statement but I wanted to know.

"And?"

I didn't know what to make out of that.

"And what?"

"You want a reaction or?"

"Yes I do.."

"Okay.. My reaction is.." She stayed silent.

I waited.

"Why do you care if he does or not?"

"Well what if he doesn't have good intentions with you?"

"We don't know that."

I didn't know what else to say.

"Do you have good intentions?" She asks.

My mouth dropped a bit. I didn't know what to reply again.

"Do you even have intentions," she laughs. "I mean you are a married man, after all."

"Yeah, I guess so."

"You guess so?" She laughs more. She was trying to enlighten up the mood of this conversation.

"I meant ye- you know what I meant," I roll my eyes playfully at her comment.

"Anyways, as I was saying, I miss you. When can we have another photo shoot?"

"Whenever you want," I lick my lips.

"Tomorrow? 10 am?"

"I won't be busy."

"Good," she giggles through the phone.

"Can't wait," I whisper.

"Same here," and there we end our call.

OOF i think this story is gonna turn out good. y'all are in for a mf treat ;)