twenty six

The police took me to a county cell until they knew what to do with me. There's no doubt I'm going to jail. My finger prints had to appear on that knife.

This whole day was the worst. I feel so dead inside I couldn't even feel myself laying down in this cell. My body was numb. I couldn't talk as if my lips had been sealed.

"You have a visitor."

I didn't even bother looking at the officer or asking him who. I still stared up at the ceiling just like I did almost all day. I should get used to this view anyway.

"-dy!"

"-addy!"

"Daddy!"

"Ethan!"

I look over at who was calling for me.

Grayson and Lena were standing outside of my cell.

The only two other people I had in my life.

"Hey Ethan," Grayson rubs Lena's shoulder.

I sit up and face them. No words left my mouth.

I didn't know which ones to let escape.

"Hi daddy," Lena says.

Her cheerful voice, I remember, was music to my ears. But this time I couldn't hear the melody.

"Hi guys."

I walk over and bend down to Lena's height. I wanted to hug her and tell her everything was going to be okay but these bars weren't letting me.

Grayson bends down too and reaches through the bars to rub my shoulder also.

All over again I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"You know you're still my brother," he sniffs. His eyes became really glossy.

"We love you, daddy," Lena cups my cheek and gives me a small smile.

"I love you even more guys," I grab Lena's head and kiss her forehead through the bars.

"You'll come out of here soon right daddy?" She asks.

I nod. "Yes baby. I'll do anything I can to feel your hug again."

"And you'll make me your delicious pancakes?" She smiles even more. All I could see was Annalise in her eyes.

"Of course baby," I smile back as another tear comes out.

"Pinky promise?" She sticks out her pinky.

"Pinky promise," I wrap my pinky around hers.

the end ♥️
i hope you guys enjoyed reading just as much as i enjoyed writing this story :)
...
...
...
...
...

also... face reveal!!

 face reveal!!