fourteen

"We're going to the pier, we'll be back in a few hours," I stand outside of our room. Anna was still inside the whole morning.

She didn't answer.

"Lena! You ready?" I yell out.

Lena walks out of her room and runs to me. I bend down to her height and pick her up.

"Let's go!" She smiles and wraps her small arms around my neck.

"Alright baby, let's go to the pier," I smile back at her.

I walk out into the garage and unlock the car. I open the back door and strap Lena into her car seat.

I close the door and get into the driver's seat.

As I'm about to drive out of the garage, Anna walks in. I set the car on parking and roll down the window.

"I'm sorry," she sighs.

"Don't be," I looked at the wheel.

"No, I am, I-I overreacted," her eyes frown.

"We all have our moments baby," I cup her cheek and pull her in for a kiss.

"Ew gross!" Lena yells out from behind. We both laugh and I then kiss her forehead.

"You sure you don't want to come?" I ask.

"No, it's fine, you guys go have father-and-daughter time," she smiles.

"Alright, I'll see you in a few hours then," I smile back and drive off.

"Yay!!!" Lena yells out as I hand her the baby blue teddy bear she had just won. The game she was playing was throwing rings around a huge group of glass bottles.

"Daddy?"

"Yes baby?" I kneel down to face her.

"I want cotton candy," she smiles.

"Awe but baby we need to eat actual food," I sigh.

"Please, pretty please," she began to pout her lips and shot sad eyes at me.

"Fine.. After we eat, okay?"

She smiles again and nods. I stand up and as I turn around, I'm face to face with Mae.

"I thought that was you!" She smiles.

"H-Hey Mae, what are you doing here?"

"Well I wanted to come to the pier and enjoy some rides and the games here," she says. She looks down at Lena and bends down. "And who could this be?"

"M-My name is Lena."

"Hi, I'm Mae, nice to meet you!"

"Who are you?" Lena asks. My heart began to race.

"Your daddy here took pictures of me, he is a photographer," Mae points up at me and Lena looks up at me.

I take Lena's hand. "Well we have to go, Lena was just telling me how she wanted to leave-"

"No I don't," Lena blurts out.

"Leave to go eat," I finish my sentence.

"Oh okay then," Mae stands up and we say our goodbyes and part ways.

I feel my phone vibrate. I take it out to see a message.

Mae: your daughter is super cute :)

sorry for not updating in like a week, i hope y'all enjoyed this chapter hehe

can y'all comment sum feedback and let me know if y'all liking this story so far ? i just wanna know what my readers wanna read 😂😭