twenty five

"Anna, um, you didn't tell me you were coming," I try to block her from coming in.

"I don't have to tell you anything," she crosses her arms and begins to tap her foot.

"What do you need again?" I pretend to not know.

"I need the rest of my belongings and Lena's," she sighs.

"How is she?" I try make conversation.

"She's fine Ethan, let me get my things," she tries to walk in but I block her.

"Look it's really messy, I don't want you to see all the mess. Why don't you stop by another day?" I say. I then catch her holding a pressboard folder with papers in them.

"What is that?" I try to reach for it but she steps away.

"Ethan, is Mae here?"

"Anna, I don't even talk to her anymore," I lie. I tried to avoid eye contact with her.

"She's here, isn't she?" She gasps.

She catches me off guard and pushes past me.

"Anna no!" She walks into the room and stays quiet. I follow her in and she looks under the bed then stands back up.

"Where is she?"

"She's not here Annalise!"

"I can fucking feel her here!"

"Anna you're acting crazy right now." I try to calm her down by rubbing her shoulders but she walks away.

"Don't fucking touch me," she then walks into the bathroom. I run to the door but Annalise slams it and locks it.

"You fucking bitch!" I hear her yell.

I heard screaming, banging, and objects falling on the floor.

"Girls stop! Unlock the door!" I yell and crash my body into the door to force it to open but I couldn't.

"Get off of me, stupid hoe!"

"I'm not a fucking hoe!"

"Ethan loves me and not you!"

Someone's body bangs against the door.

"Hmm last time I checked, he fucked me!" I hear Mae laugh. "And let me tell you, the way I rode his dick, drove him insane! He just wanted more and mo-"

"Mae! Stop!" I scream out. "Open the fucking door!"

"Shut up Ethan! You both ruined a family!" Annalise yells.

I hear somebody drop to the floor.

"M-Mae! Please s-stop! Ethan! Ethan! Oh my go-!" I heard Annalise sob.

I step away and run into the door with all my strength and finally knock it down.

Mae was on top of Annalise. All I could focus on was the blood spreading across the marble floor.

I felt as if my world had stopped spinning. I didn't know whether to feel sadness or fury.

"M-Mae what the fuck d-did you do?" My voice was shaky.

I push her off Annalise who was coughing up blood.

"No no no, please Anna, stay with me," I place my hand under her head to rest on.

A tear ran down her cheek as she grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"I'm so sorry, Anna," My eyesight became blurry.