twenty three

"Mae don't say that," it was barely morning and I was already panicking.

"I-I," she began to stutter.

"Mae, we used condoms, you take the pill, I would pull out," I started to walk back and forth.

"Ethan, I don't know what to tell you," she whispers.

"Go get a pregnancy test, get two of them," I raise my voice.

"Don't yell at me," she gets up and "bumps" into me on purpose. She put her clothes back on and took her purse and left.

"Hold up wai-" I get cut off by the door being slammed shut.

I groan in frustration.

Mae couldn't be fucking pregnant. She can't. I was fucking careful!

an hour or so later..

It seemed like forever until Mae finally came back.

"I bought two of them," she pulls the tests out of her purse. She then went to the bathroom and I followed her but she quickly closed the door before I could even say anything.

"Mae, we would've known if the condom ripped right?" I lean against the door and drop to the floor. "My pull out game is strong," I whisper to myself.

"I heard that," she chuckles and I hear the toilet flush so I stand up facing the door.

She comes out and walks over to the bed to sit down.

"Now we wait," she raises up the tests to me and rests them on her thighs.

"How long?" I felt so much worry I wanted this feeling to leave my body.

"A few minutes or so," she sighs. Mae didn't seem worried at all like me. I would've expected her to be panicking even more than me.

"How can you be so calm?"

She shrugs and stares down at the tests.

The more I thought about her being pregnant, time seemed to get slower and slower. It was frustrating me and getting me even more anxious.

"Mae, what do we do if you are pregnant?"

"I don't know Ethan."

"Fuck, what would Annalise think?" I tell myself.

"Are you serious? You're thinking about that bitch now?" She yells.

"I could careless what she fucking thinks!" She gets up and pushes me.

"She's my wife!" I yell back at her.

"She's going to divorce you dumbass! You fucking cheated on her with me and she found out. If I am pregnant, this is my child! If you don't want to take care of it, then fuck you because I don't need you!"

"Shut up you do!"

"No you shut up and I don't!" She sits back down.

"Did the results show up already?" I ask.

She looks back down to the tests.

She stayed quiet.

For too long.

"Mae."

She still looked down at it.

"Mae," I became impatient.

I snatch both tests from her hands and look over at the results for positive or negative.

"Two lines is positive, one line is negative," she says.

Both tests had two lines.

tysm for over 10k on this book wtf omg