Brave High: 1

Brave High - Chapter One - Tris P.O.V

You're on the phone with your girl friend she's upset. She's going off about something that you said. 'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do.

I wake up to my one of my favorite songs playing on my alarm clock. I lay in bed and sing along with it.

I'm in my room, it's a typical Tuesday night, I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like, And she'll never know your story like I do.

But she wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts. She's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers. Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time!

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you. Been here all along, so why can't you see? You belong with me, you belong with me...

Walking the streets with you and your worn-out jeans, I can't help thinking this is how itought to be. Laughing on a park bench, thinking to myself: " Hey, isn't this easy?"

And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town. I haven't seen it in a while since she brought you down. You say you're fine, I know you better than that. Hey, what you doing with a girl like that?

She wears high heels, I wear sneakers. She's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers. Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you. Been here all along, so why can't you see? You belong with me...

Standing by and waiting at your back door. All this time how could you not know? Baby, you belong with me, you belong with me...

Oh, I remember you driving to my house in the middle of the night. I'm the one who makes you laugh when you know you're about to cry. And I know your favorite songs and you tell me about your dreams. Think I know where you belong, think I know it's with me...

Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you? Been here all along, so why can't you see? You belong with me.

Standing by and waiting at your back door. All this time, how could you not know? Baby, you belong with me, you belong with me...

You belong with me. Have you ever thought just maybe? You belong with me? You belong with me...

I roll out of bed and, and jump in the shower, I scrub the shampoo in my hair and rinse it out. Then I quickly wash my body. When I get out, I run out of my bathroom and go to my closet. I get a pair of black jean shorts that go about mid-thigh and a black spaghetti strap tank top and a pink lacy tank top to go over it that flows on the sides.

I quickly get changed and go back in the bathroom to do my hair and makeup. I quickly blow-dry my hair straight and apply a little of a silver shimmer to my eye lids, mascara, eyeliner, and alight pink kind of tan lipstick. I look in the mirror, I may actually look pretty today. I go back in my room grab my backpack, keys and phone and go downstairs. When I get downstairs I grab my lunch bag and start to make a sandwich, when I'm done I grab a granola bar, and my back pack and head out to my car - I have a cherry red Ferrari... Wondering how I have it? My mom owns like twelve store across the country and my dad is a government official.

So we are kind of rich, I just don't see my parents at all, and I have a brother but he stayed in Oregon before we moved here, so it's just me and my parents now. I get in my car and toss my bags in the passenger seat and pull out of the driveway. I just realized I don't really know how to get there, so I start driving in the direction of the school drive until I see a person on the sidewalk walking with a Brave High sweatshirt on. I pull over and ask him if he knows how to get there. I pull up beside him, and roll down the window.