A Note To A Younger Self

I know it's confusing, the feeling you're having right now. You're in love but it hurts, so badly. It's even hard for you to understand what love is. So, you think that he is love, but he's not. Love doesn't disappoint you the way he does. Love doesn't pain you the way he does. Love doesn't leave you the way he does.

Sometimes, you just have to pause and look back. Who were the ones who always kept your heart warm and going ? Who was the one who loved you and never left ? They are the ones who act as stars, and not shadows in your life. They are the ones whom you should pour your love upon.

So, don't hesitate to run back. Love is not always found in a new rush, it is found in home, where your heart truly belongs to. You'll see him soon. Maybe not here and not now, but you will. He will love you the way you've always wanted. He'll be your best friend, your guardian, and your lover.

And, when you finally get there, you'll stand in awe of all that you've been through. You'll feel what I feel now : proud of the young woman you are yet to become. Side by side with the smile you'll never get tired of, surrounded with the presence of those stars whom you love.

dedicated to all the girls, be strong. You're worth it.