#PrayForSurabaya

Hey guys, sorry this isn't a poetry update, I just felt like I needed to address this issue. Things have been very hectic this week, and it's only just begun.

My hometown, Surabaya (Indonesia), is currently being terrorized and bombed by a group of terrorists. It was a suicide bombing mission. Families were part of this operation, even their kids were involved.

Churches, police stations, and other public places were bombed starting from 13/05/18, with them stating that there are a total of 25 bombs to go. Schools (including mine) are dismissed for the week.

Last Sunday, my grandmother was on her way to Church. She came late. Late enough to have missed the bombing in her Church's gate.

Families were taken away by this tragedy. The people who give their lives to serve the country and bring justice as well. My heart goes out to all of the loved ones who were left.

In this dark times, we must remember that in unity, there is peace and strength. Let us not curse who did this to us, but learn to love. Yes, we do have the right to feel the pain and the anger, but we must not let our emotions get the best of us.

We have to remember, that terrorism has no religion. Fear and dispute is what they want. But, we stand strong, and stronger, together. We show them love and unity, strength and bravery.

Stay safe, everyone. There are better days ahead of us. We are Indonesia.

#PrayForSurabaya
#AkuGakWediBlas
#StaySafeButBrave