Normal Girl

Ahja's Confessional: Have you ever wanted to be a "Normal Girl"? Well that's exactly how I feel right now. I've been through a lot. Growing up in an abusive house household, being bullied in school, and being disowned by your own family. It hurts, but now that I'm grown now, I've found the courage to stand up for myself and to love me for me. You guys may or may not know, but I am a transgender woman. When i came to the conclusion that I wanted to be transgender, I was very young. It was more of a feeling then a thought. My transition has not been easy. Once I announce that I was transgender, my parents kicked me out, I was only 16 year old. I was young and I didn't know how to navigate through life. Life kicked my ass hard.....I had to get a job at a local burger joint, that didn't work out so, I started stripping. Fending for myself at young age and being homeless, all while managing high school, I had to grow up fast. Now that the past is behind me, I have forgiven my enemies and prospered but, I will never forget what they all put me through.

Ahja's POV: I'm currently sitting on my bed, staring at my closet, debating on what exactly I want to wear. So, I just settled for a simple olive green Distressed jeans, a black velvet t-shirt, my black Dior heels, and my black cross-body bag. Cute right? I have my own Salon , I opened up when I saved enough money from stripping. That fast life got old and had to end, I was only there to make my money and my money only. Yeah. Today is going to be a great day

As I am leaving my condo, I can't help but notice moving trucks across the parking lot, welp, welcome to the neighborhood. I continue my walk to my car, I get in and head to the salon. While I'm driving, I realized that its really quiet so, I put on SZA's Ctrl album and my song, Normal Girl, came on and I had to sing along........

[Verse 1]
You love the way I pop my top
Or how I lose my cool
Or how I look at you
Say why?
It ain't no fighting, no I can't stop it
This took a while, yeah
Love the way I pump my fist or how I bust my hip
For your affection, tryna be down
No fighting and no stoppin'
Stick around

While I'm jamming, my good friend, Wynter calls me......
PHONE CONVERSATION:

Wynter: Heyyyy, GOOD MORNING!!!!!!, how are you?

Me: Hey Wynter, why are you yelling in my ear?

Wynter: Sorry girl, I'm just excited, it's a new day, new year, new attitude!!!

Me: Miss me with that bullshit!

Wynter: Ok Debby downer, where are you? You know you late right?

Me: I'm grabbing breakfast and I'm the CEO, the boss, your boss so if I'm late, it's because I can. Now, I gotta go. See you soon.

END OF PHONE CONVERSATION

Ahja's POV: Walking into the salon, It was very busy and crowed. It was girls that were waiting and we had to get them seated. I had this look of "shit needs to get done" and Wynter came up to me. "I'm sorry Ahja, these girls didn't make an appointment"She said, struggling to get things under control. "It's fine, just have them seated and helped by 7. Its 4:30"I said, looking at my watch. After I got done talking to Wynter, I went and checked on the rest of my employees. Everything is gong good so far. I went to my office in the back to pay bills, order new supplies, and get a few extra things for the shop. In the mist of me paying the last bill, I hear arguing in the front of the shop. I go to the front of the shop, and it's Wynter's ass in here arguing with some girl who look like she spending her refund check. "Why the hell are y'all going at it?" I yelled. They act like they didn't hear me. "BITCH I SAID WHY THE HELL Y'ALL GOING AT IT?" I yelled at the top of my lungs. It got quiet and all eyes were on me. They explained to me why they were arguing, I got to the bottom of it, and moved on. By this time, its 9:57 and we close at 10. I was finishing up the last girl. I put the final touches on her, she paid, and left. Now we are officially closed for the day. Now me and Wynter have to clean up.

"Ahja, I want to apologize again for the chaos I caused earlier" She said, feeling sorry. "You've Apologized, its fine, just don't let it happen again" I said sternly. "Ok". We got to cleaning up and it was a lot. We had almost 300 girls come in. The shop made of over $45k today. That's the highest this week. In the mist of me cleaning up this hair, Wynter just came out of no where. "Why do you work so much? Like you never make time for yourself. You are a hard worker and sometimes it looks like you don't have a life outside the shop"She said. "Umm, excuse me? I do have a life outside of working" I said, holding onto my imaginary pearls. "Girl.......you still a virgin. You have no life. I know what will help you get ya whole life. How about we go out to a club and have some fun"She said, offering a good time. "First of all, I'm proud to be a virgin. Second, I'm not going out so you can try to hook me up with some ain't shit nigga. I'm a very independent woman and I'm not settling for someone who doesn't meet my standards" I said, crossing my arms looking at her. We continued to clean. By this time, we we're almost done. I went to the back to finish putting tomorrow's appointments on the schedule. I was about to close shop when Wynter's dumb optimistic ass came and asked me the question that I hate being asked, "Why exactly are you single?".......................

(A/N): So that's that. How did you you guys like this chapter?

Wynter?

Ahja?

Comment, Vote