Chapter 1

Gigi's Pov

It was on every T.V in the hospital and my messages were flooding with various condolences from our friends and business partners.

But I was too shocked to comprehend anything at the moment. I was trapped within those two minutes where Zayn woke up for a while and shook my whole world.

Flashback:

It was a very special day for us, 12th of January, Zayn was turning 25 today. Our house was filled with both of our families.

Zayn is a very shy person so I decided to keep the guest list to close friends and family.

He was the only one missing cause he had to visit the studio for some work, such a workaholic. But I knew he was on the way back.

I was happily preparing his favourite chocolate cake with Safaa when I received a call; a call that was going to change everything.

"Hello?", I mumbled questionably. It's always hard to pick unknown numbers.

It could be a fan and if that's the case then I have to change my number again, I reminded myself. But at the same time, I can't ignore it cause it could be an important person.

"Gigi Hadid?" came a strong Irish accent male voice. But I can't say it's me unless they confirm their identity.

"I'm sorry but who's this?", I interrogated. I was in no mood for work, today is my baby's birthday and my whole day was his.

"I'm officer Nick, you have to reach 'Mount Sinai' now, Mr Malik has been admitted here, he was involved in an accident", he muttered as softly as he could.

My ears were still ringing by his words, making it difficult to reply to him.

Everything after that happened in the rush. Both of our families were running with me through the long corridor of the hospital. Trisha was already crying her heart out but my Mom was there for her.

Somehow I was holding still, surprising myself too. Doniya and Bella were mumbling something to me but I couldn't respond.

I was completely numb. My feet were dragging me towards Zayn as if he was the only source of light in my life.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you in", the dark-haired doctor said calmly. I could see Zayn through the glass door. His bald head was now wrapped in tape and one of his arms was in cascade.

But there was a soothing feature on his angelic face as if he was just sleeping peacefully. He didn't even know how much it was hurting the people who love him.

"I am his mother, you can't stop me from meeting my son", Trisha yelled and Yaser was there by her side now.

"Please calm down ma'am, we are shifting him in OT, you can see him after the surgery", he coldly muttered.

How can he be so expressionless? My anger was boiling but I couldn't make myself talk, I was just staring at Zayn's state.

"You can see him if he makes it out of there", he added and that's where I lost it. How can he say such things? He is a doctor, he is supposed to give hope to people.

"He is making it, you douchebag, how dare you say something like that?", I yelled as loud as I could.

That's when tears finally crept out of my eyes and I collapsed into Dad who held me tightly.

The next three hours went by me pacing around, desperately waiting for some news, the rest of the family was in the same condition.

It was everywhere by now, people were calling us, there were a lot of fans around the hospital and security was trying their best to keep paps away.