Chapter 14

As expected none of them went early and Shirley carried on Zayn's tests on her own. There was a new psychiatrist handling his case and she had to brief him on everything.

The doctor she heard was a charmer but very straightforward when it came to working. She was terrified to work with him.

"When do you think they will come?", Zayn grumbled like a small kid. He was bored and all those horrible tests were making him feel like running away.

Also, there was so much to know. He hardly even talked with Perrie the other day. She looked overwhelmed and he did not want to push her.

"Soon!", she smiled and gave him a book to keep himself busy. His recovery was amazing and she knew that it would hardly take him a week to get out of the hospital. Although he has not shown any signs of flashbacks yet, which was a huge reason to worry.

"When is this 'soon'?", he whined again. Shirley giggled and held herself back from tapping his arm. That would be too friendly, she thought.

Zayn loved the word soon. Whenever he was asked about releasing any new music his answer was soon, which totally pissed his fans. So she thought he might get the taste of his own medicine.

While walking the corridor, Perrie decided to tell boys that Alex could be there any minute. She didn't get any time to tell them cause they were always surrounded by someone at Zayn's house.

When she turned around to the giggling boys, (which she had no idea why they were doing it) she noticed they giggle more than girls when they all are together.

But sudden silence made her look in the course of a door where Alex was coming through. Their eyes were open wide. Oops.

She cleared her throat as Alex was approaching them with heavy steps. He didn't expect to find the whole one direction here.

"About that...Um, he said he wanted to come and I couldn't deny", the blue-eyed girl interpreted herself hurriedly.

They smiled assuredly while Louis looked a bit lost in his own world. He was grumpy since morning and she shrugged it off thinking he is not a morning person.

"Hey!", Alex huffed and was breathing heavily. He stood right in front of boys and hugged each of them. He was nervous and boys looking perplexedly at him added more to it.

They exchanged some greetings which lightened up the awkwardness and went ahead to Zayn giving the couple the privacy they needed.

Without uttering a single word, Perrie leaned into his chest. He has been her safest home and she knows he always will be.

"I'm scared!", she fretted after a while. Alex was busy caressing her cheeks and helping her relax.

The curly headed man was assuring her that everything was going to be fine. But deep within, there was a part of him that was insecure and also afraid of losing her. It was selfish and Alex knew it was wrong.

He wanted to support her and be there for her, instead of being a prick and an over controlling boyfriend.

Perrie took Alex to the cafeteria where they could talk without many eyes on them. The only people around them were old hospital staff whom she was sure won't even know them.

She needed some normalcy and a reality check as well. Being with Alex helped her realise that this was all temporary.

When boys went to meet Zayn they told him that Perrie was talking with a doctor. As they spent more time with the black haired boy, lying didn't even feel weird anymore.