Chapter 2

Liam's Pov

Video chats with Bear and Cheryl are always the best moments of my hectic day. I miss them a lot.

They are there in London while I have to visit LA and New York for my next album. It is really hard for us, but we can go through this together.

Here on the screen, Bear was laughing as Cheryl was trying to feed him with his favourite spoon.

"I'm on my way bubba, daddy is coming home", I smiled even though I know he can't understand it. I'm currently in my car with Paddy, on my way to the airport.

He just gave me his adorable laugh turning my smile into a bigger one. Cheryl was now out of the screen. When she came back she had her phone in one of her hands.

"Liam, have you checked your twitter or any social media accounts?" she asked me with concern clear in her voice.

I have not, I was busy in the studio the whole day, and I don't have my social media logged in. If I do so, my notifications will blast and the risk of getting hacked is also high.

Instead of answering her, I kept my laptop aside, grabbed my phone and came back to the screen, "What's wrong?"

"Check it, you will understand", she said wiping Bear's face and tugging him in. I gave him a flying kiss before he disappeared. She was just staring at my face nervously which now was worrying me.

As I logged in to Twitter, I immediately understood what's happening. #PrayforZayn was trending worldwide.

I stumbled across an article where there was complete information about his accident. According to it, he is in a very serious condition.

"Cheryl....he is....accident?" were the only words I could say, still trying to figure out everything. Involuntary tears were formed in the rims of my eyes.

"Liam, I think you should call his family, go and see him!", she advised. How can I? I mean would they want me there?

But Cheryl is right, Zayn is my brother, no matter what has happened, right now his family needs me. I just hope he is fine.

I assured Cheryl that I will and told Paddy about the situation. He suggested calling him or people who could be in the hospital.

I tried calling every single person whose numbers I had, but they are either not reachable or not picking up.

I understand though, they must have been so caught up right now. We decided to go straight away to the hospital, because all the articles I was reading made one thing clear, he is severely injured. I can't sit here doing nothing, I have to go now.

Instead of driving to the airport I was now driving towards the hospital. My phone was ringing now with various calls but I gave it to Paddy, I am not ready to talk with people at the moment.

Just then I realized that I have not called other boys. But just like me, they should have heard about it by now.

Why hadn't any of them called me yet? I was about to tell Paddy to call one of them when he turned to me with urgency, "It's important, Gigi".

I took the phone from his hands and cleared my throat before speaking, "Hello?" I have not talked much to her. We have met once but that's it. She has been with Zayn for two years now I guess.

"Liam, it's me, Gigi, I don't know if you have heard it, but Zayn had an accident, he is currently in the hospital. And I'm sorry for asking this, but we need you and the rest of the boys here," she was hesitant and I could hear the tremble in her voice. I can't even imagine what she was going through.