Chapter 5

Niall's Pov

"Gigi!", I finally uttered a coherent word. I was here for like 10 minutes now, watching Gigi. She was wailing hysterically in the lap of who I figure is Zayn's doctor. Her condition was horrific.

Her eyes were red and makeup was running down her face, her body was shivering as she hiccuped. I don't know what's wrong, but it's not good for sure.

When Louis called me, I was in deep sleep, unaware of everything that was happening in the real world.

I was having a really bad hangover and my head was throbbing profusely, but Zayn's news made me forget about every other pain and was enough to sober me out.

I called Harry just to know from Jeff that he was already on a flight. Makes sense why he wasn't picking our calls. And good thing he didn't wait to call us cause he was back home in London.

Gigi rose up only to shake hands with me but I engulfed her in a hug instead. I think it's been long since someone did that to her cause she melted in my arms once again, crying continuously.

"What happened? Is Zayn fine?", I asked her with a shaky voice as she pulled up. I had a tight knot in my stomach but it relaxed as the doctor told me he is good.

"Liam and Louis are out somewhere, let's get to my cabin and wait there", the curly and blond haired doctor suggested, and we started walking, not before I peeped at Zayn's room through the glass wall.

There he was, with a lot of wounds and a very bad injury to his head.

He had a serene smile even in this condition, reminding me of old Zayn who would try to look happy for others, although he himself would be struggling a lot.

Gigi was still crying as if she couldn't control it and the doctor was rubbing circles on her back. If Zayn is fine then why is she so upset?

Maybe it's just the emotional pressure of everything that she went through in these past few hours.

Shirley introduced herself and we chatted a bit about Zayn's health. She is quite young but seems so experienced.

When we reached her big cabin I saw Yaser pacing back and forth, he saw Gigi and relaxed his tensed muscles. What's this? Then his eyes landed on me.

He forced a small smile and I couldn't help but jump into his arms. It's been so long since we met.

I was scared he would reject it, but he ruffled my hair and let me know he missed me as much as I did.

When I pulled out I knew he was holding back tears, trying to act brave. Watching his son in such a condition would break any father's heart.

I couldn't help my own dam of tears, it just broke off. He will always be at my Dad's place for me.

We talked about Zayn and he told me all the details. But he was so sad and lifeless, I have never seen him like this, he is usually so strong and full of life.

"Thanks for coming!", is all Gigi said as we settled down waiting for Liam and Louis.

Did she think we wouldn't? I can't leave Zayn alone like that. I gave her a smile and nodded my head.

"Can I meet Zayn?", I asked Shirley after an awkward silence. There was no sign of 'Lilo', the ship name our fans gave them. That actually sounds like a dog name to me.

Now that Zayn is fine, I am a bit relaxed. But Yaser and Gigi are acting really weird. There is some strange tension in the room.

"Umm, he is resting so I'm sorry I can't allow any visits", Shirley answered, concentrating on some paperwork she was doing. I nodded and slumped back in my seat.